Shocking Interview with Son of Steve Anderson

BTW, Israel is in the center of the world map behind the pulpit. @biscuit1953 should like that. Well...the "river of Egypt" is.
The location of Israel on the map behind the pulpit probably never occurred to the Holocaust denier behind the pulpit.

I'm listening to it. First impression: this had a profound effect on him. It may have scared him. I'm wondering, was he moved to pray for any of the people he was sharing the ward with.
Nah, this is just typical Spamderson: biblical illiteracy served up with a side order of rage. Maybe he is moved to pray for the other inmates, but the tone of this sermon is that he is a man more sinned against than sinning. Which in this particular situation may be true.

What exactly is the purpose of this sermon? To say, "I don't fit the biblical definition of a crazy person"? OK, fine. But Spamderson's problem was never that he's crazy; it's that he's evil.

I would like to think that being involuntarily committed would prompt him to contemplate the trajectory of his life that got him there: the angry, wacky sermons, being persona non grata in half the world, bullying airport security and border guards culminating in the infamous tasting incident, the conspiracy-mongering and anti-Semitism, the tell-alls from his adult children, and now this.

But no--he's not empathic toward the other patients in the "nuthouse." They're sermon illustrations to him: "Legion" and "Charles Manson," keeping him from sleeping. Even in his closing prayer, in which he rightly prays that people might escape the bondage of alcohol and drugs, he assiduously avoids the bondage of uncontrolled anger.

Both him and his preaching protégés have taken part in previous incarnations of this board. The latter certainly illustrated Jesus's words about the Pharisees making converts that were "twice the son of hell."

Last edited:
Nah, this is just typical Spamderson: biblical illiteracy served up with a side order of rage. Maybe he is moved to pray for the other inmates, but the tone of this sermon is that he is a man more sinned against than sinning. Which in this particular situation may be true.

What exactly is the purpose of this sermon? To say, "I don't fit the biblical definition of a crazy person"?
That's right. There's no question Providence put him in that ward. And I don't think his descriptions were overstated. And...giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was put there for the purpose of humility. Not giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was put there to exacerbate his guilt.

He was the subject of his sermon, not Christ. And if he was to share his experience, it should have been about how he was moved to compassion, and how we all should be moved to compassion for those who are so afflicted.

We all need healing.

And maybe he was nudged that way, judging by his concession that not all mental illness is a demonic thing.

One needs to know when those against him have won a battle. Psalm 142:6. He needs to step out of the pulpit and re-evaluate some things. Deep down, he may want to. But I'll promise you that he grew up with a teaching pounded into his head that makes him think doing so would be an act of weakness and unfaithfulness to his "call to be a pastor," as if there were such a thing.

Last edited:
Even in his closing prayer, in which he rightly prays that people might escape the bondage of alcohol and drugs, he assiduously avoids the bondage of uncontrolled anger.
And that could be the response of pain. If there's one thing God wants in His servants, it's humility. And He Who spared not His own Son, and, Who, therefore, will not let the cries of injustice interfere with His plans of Redemption for His elect will get it there one way or another.

His repentance blacklist site isn't working. I was hoping to see who has been added to it recently.

I seem to remember something like that. Where can I find it?
The Repentance Blacklist has been down for several years. Doing a little search, I noticed back in 2019.

I'd suggest a visit to the Wayback Machine, but the Internet Archive is having troubles of its own these days.

Do I hear something like 'pity' for SA on this forum?
I suppose. In the same way that you feel pity for Shylock in The Merchant of Venice. Instant karma went and got him. You know the guy's a grade-A jerk and deserves retribution... but maybe not that retribution.

And that could be the response of pain. If there's one thing God wants in His servants, it's humility. And He Who spared not His own Son, and, Who, therefore, will not let the cries of injustice interfere with His plans of Redemption for His elect will get it there one way or another.
According to his children he beat his wife. I have no sympathy for this so called man, who only hits women and children.

I suppose. In the same way that you feel pity for Shylock in The Merchant of Venice. Instant karma went and got him. You know the guy's a grade-A jerk and deserves retribution... but maybe not that retribution.
According to his children he beat his wife. I have no sympathy for this so called man, who only hits women and children. I’m sure he hasn’t tried wipping a grown man on the streets or the homosexuals he preached against, with that cord his son has talked about.

According to his children he beat his wife. I have no sympathy for this so called man, who only hits women and children.

If he's committing violence against his wife or family, he deserves a visit from the police or CPS. That is a criminal matter to be brought before the courts.

Unless there's cause to believe he is of unsound mind (and I have seen none--as I said earlier, Spamderson's problem isn't that he's crazy, but that he's evil), having him committed to a psychiatric hospital smacks of abuse of process.

He deserves to be at the least, the loony bin, but more like the gray bar hotel.
I have no sympathy for this man. If there’s one thing that gets me fighting mad is for a grown man to act tough with a teenage boy much less hit them and their mother.

For others to somehow defend him is beyond me. If he sounded scared, I’d like to tell him, it doesn’t feel good does it?

Back