Can a Christian be a Democrat?

The very next year Michigan voters amended the state constitution to allow all abortions without any restrictions. Not the result that you or I wanted.
the state governed by wretchen gritmor?..... ..... no surprise there........ .. one state out of 50 that fell back and trashed it;s own house - after failing to force the court to trash the other 49....... oh yeah... that really demonstrates a failure on the part of the conservative court justices.... :rolleyes: ...only in your mind.....😵‍💫

The charge that Christians don’t care about the child after birth is ridiculous. The charge that Christians are critical of mothers receiving government assistance for the same child is accurate.
Define Christians. I have, many times, helped young mothers get assistance. I have many times given them assistance.

You and Bruh need to find some different people to hang around.

the state governed by wretchen gritmor?..... ..... no surprise there........ .. one state out of 50 that fell back and trashed it;s own house - after failing to force the court to trash the other 49....... oh yeah... that really demonstrates a failure on the part of the conservative court justices.... :rolleyes: ...only in your mind.....😵‍💫
The citizens of the state voted overwhelmingly to amend the constitution. Mrs. Witmer likely voted for it as well but it was the people who made the change.

The citizens of the state voted overwhelmingly to amend the constitution. Mrs. Witmer likely voted for it as well but it was the people who made the change.
of course..... they voted her into office didn;t they?..... elected officials are not just representatives of that states voters... ... they are also a reflection of them.... ..(at least a majority of them.... )

of course..... they voted her into office didn;t they?..... elected officials are not just representatives of that states voters... ... they are also a reflection of them.... ..(at least a majority of them.... )
So what are you arguing?

My point is that Roe v Wade was overturned and the results have been a negative from a pro-life perspective. Not that anyone should be surprised.

So what are you arguing?

My point is that Roe v Wade was overturned and the results have been a negative from a pro-life perspective. Not that anyone should be surprised.
and somehow i knew you would come back and claim what i wrote supported your arguments..... in fact i almost added a p.s. to my post predict it.......😁. ....

but you are wrong..... a negative in a few states is not a negative in all states... and it has been an overall positive from this pro-lifers perspective....... so again... speak for yourself .. and your own little group of - whatever you are... ... .... .... .. taking an issue away from the court .. which hands down arbitrary decisions - and putting it back in the hands of the voters - (the way democracy - a republican government is supposed to work)..... is not a negative at all.... .. it;s the right thing to do as it gives those states whose residents do not want unlimited abortion a chance ...and the right... to ban it.....

i would say that your constant black and white way of looking at things reveals the mindset of a simpleton... .. but i don;t really believe that... .. in fact i believe you are a lot smarter than how you present yourself here.... . ....(but then i;m also a hopeless optimist at times)....

in the end the supreme courts decision to over turn row vrs wade will save lives..... but if you want the residents and voters of all states to put an end to abortion..... as we all do.... then you need to get to work... like many of us have already been doing for years.... .... and start ministering and working with the people who it affects the most - the people actually having abortions.... ..... changing them with the gospel of Christ is the way to prevent the future murder of children.. ... not coming here and arguing with us and telling us we should not support the only president in my lifetime who has actually supported christian issues and brought about the overturning of row vrs wade.....

you know... .. it almost sounds like you are a supporter of row vrs wade and that you lament it;s demise...... .... in fact.... i shouldn;t say almost.. .. your actions and posts here actually do betray that sentiment.... . .... you should be ashamed of yourself......

Last edited:
<snip>

I'm also against euthanasia, but I'm not responsible to care for your sick or elderly parents. You are.
Since you seem to have connected abortion and euthanasia would it be fair to say that you would make this same argument regarding unaborted babies?

and somehow i knew you would come back and claim what i wrote supported your arguments..... in fact i almost added a p.s. to my post predict it.......😁. ....

but you are wrong..... a negative in a few states is not a negative in all states... .. and taking an issue away from the court .. which hands down arbitrary decisions - and putting it back in the hands of the voters - (the way democracy - a republican government is supposed to work)..... is not a negative at all.... .. it;s the right thing to do as it gives those states whose residents do not want unlimited abortion a chance ...and the right... to ban it.....

i would say that your constant black and white way of looking at things reveals the mindset of a simpleton... .. but i don;t really believe that... .. in fact i believe you are a lot smarter than how you present yourself here.... . ....(but then i;m also a hopeless optimist at times)....

in the end the supreme courts decision to over turn row vrs wade will save lives..... but if you want the residents and voters of all states to put an end to abortion..... as we all do.... then you need to get to work... like many of us have already been doing for years.... .... and start ministering and working with the people who it affects the most - the people actually having abortions.... ..... changing them with the gospel of Christ is the way to prevent the future murder of children.. ... not coming here and arguing with us and telling us we should not support the only president in my lifetime who has actually supported christian issues and brought about the overturning of row vrs wade.....

you know... .. it almost sounds like you are a supporter of row vrs wade and that you lament it;s demise...... .... in fact.... i shouldn;t say almost.. .. your actions and posts here actually do betray that sentiment.... . .... you should be ashamed of yourself......
I would love to have a cup of coffee with you to show you how far off you are from who I am.

I would love to have a cup of coffee with you to show you how far off you are from who I am.
and the first thing i would ask you after seeing the "real" you ...(if you really are something different than what you seem)...... is why do you consistently misrepresent yourself?.... .. there have been people here in the past who love to take up hot issues and play devils advocate - pretending to support the wrong or leftward leaning side.... .. some of them actually create sock puppets to do it.... .... which is why i suspected you of that in the past.......

is that the case with you?..... it;s a serious question....... ..... if it;s true then i have to say your sock got burned....... . but if not and what you post here is how you really believe - then i think you should take a long look in the mirror and come to grips with who you really are - before you try to convince me of it...... :coffee:

and the first thing i would ask you after seeing the "real" you ..if you really are something different than what you seem...... is why do you consistently misrepresent yourself?.... .. there have been people here in the past who love to take up hot issues and play devils advocate - pretending to support the wrong or leftward leaning side.... .. some of them actually create sock puppets to do it.... .... which is why i suspected you of that in the past.......

is that the case with you?..... it;s a serious question....... ..... if it;s true then i have to say your sock got burned....... . but if not and what you post here is how you really believe - then i think you should take a long look in the mirror and come to grips with who really are - before you try to convince me of it...... :coffee:
Unless there’s been sarcasm that was misinterpreted I am wholly in line with my posting history.

There have been plenty of things that I have said that were twisted and the twisted version became the filter through which my comments have been judged.

One obvious example is the idea that my dislike of Mr. Trump means that I like Mr. Biden. To say that I am too black and white ignores the very same problem with coming to such an errant conclusion as that.

Last edited:
Unless there’s been sarcasm that was misinterpreted I am wholly in line with my posting history.

There hay been plenty of things that I have said that were twisted and the twisted version became the filter through which my comments have been judged.

One obvious example is the idea that my dislike of Mr. Trump means that I like Mr. Biden. To say that I am too black and white ignores the very same problem with coming to such an errant conclusion as that.
the way you have argued here indicates you would accept... and even prefer... a continuation of biden for the next 4 years over trump...... i;m not the only one who sees it.... . and not the only one who has pointed it out........ ....so...... ....if it was merely sarcasm we all misundertood... then i really don;t think it;s all of us.... . i must insist the problem is you..... .. but then you also have a history here of being oblivious to your own words and not owning up to things you said....

remember that challenge you gave me a while back in your thread... "does tone matter"....

in that thread you made a post challenging me to point out where you had made vile and disgusting comments to and about other members of this forum because their support of trump .........i answered you in detail with an itemized list..... though not by any means a complete list..... ...(check out post number 49 in that thread.).. ....

and yet... rather than respond to the answer i gave at your request.... you completely ignored what i wrote and never answered me at all... .. and instead you went on as if nothing had happened - continuing to proclaim you were being mistreated and falsely accused... .. and also continuing to make the same false accusations about those of us who support trump.....

that told me all i needed to know about you......

Last edited:
In response to the original question, I have met several people who believe differently than I do, but are still Christians. I even have a friend who got an abortion over thirty years ago and believes other women should have the right to do so. I know that is incomprehensible to many. I was shocked when she told me.

Bottom line, she is a Democrat and a Christian.

I also worked for many years with other Christians who were homosexuals and Democrat.

I even heard of a Baptist preacher who was a Democrat.

I've learned to respect people who have beliefs different than mine. We don't have to be besties, but I have learned to respect them.

Follow up question: could you be a friend to a democrat, a homosexual and/or someone who had an abortion?

Last edited:
Follow up question: could you be a friend to a democrat, a homosexual and/or someone who had an abortion?
I could be and have been friends with Democrats and homosexuals but I could never be friends with them on the same level as I would be with a believer who lives for the Lord. The fact of the matter is, I could not relate to Republican or a heterosexual who openly practices a sinful lifestyle or philosophy.

I'm close friends with several who have had an abortion. All of them have REPENTED.

Last edited:
  • TRUTH!
Reactions: Jo
Yes. I have friends in all those categories. I love them the same way I love my friends who don't fall into those categories.

I have friends in all those categories. (Substitute "Liberal" or "NDP" for "democrat," of course.)

On the broader thread question of whether a Christian can be a _____, I'll still reserve judgment until I see fruit consistent with repentance.

The very next year Michigan voters amended the state constitution to allow all abortions without any restrictions. Not the result that you or I wanted.
Nope... this culture has accepted 50 years of propaganda.
Until Trump seated constitutional supremes, nothing moved an inch against abortion.
Constitutionally, this issue is best fought at the State level.
Within only ONE year, we are seeing MANY states with anti-abortion stances...
It's time to reflect on and appreciate what Trump has done and be supportive of his fight for the future!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 3.15.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 3.15.18 PM.png
    428.2 KB · Views: 2
In response to the original question, I have met several people who believe differently than I do, but are still Christians. I even have a friend who got an abortion over thirty years ago and believes other women should have the right to do so. I know that is incomprehensible to many. I was shocked when she told me.

Bottom line, she is a Democrat and a Christian.

I also worked for many years with other Christians who were homosexuals and Democrat.

I even heard of a Baptist preacher who was a Democrat.

I've learned to respect people who have beliefs different than mine. We don't have to be besties, but I have learned to respect them.

The Democrat Party believes promotes and legislates positions that the Bible says are sin, perverted and pagan.

You tell me how a Christian can stand with and promote such? Please.

yes to all of those..... i have many friends who vote democrat... several who are openly lesbian..... and more than one who has had an abortion... (saw one of them in sunday school today)... .. all of the friends i have who had abortions say they regret it... and most are now saved and serving in a church...... ..one of the room mates we have had for many years was openly lesbian at one time and worked in the exotic dance trade... ....she considered herself buddhist back then but is a christian now.. was saved a few years ago.... and lives a celibate lifestyle... .but she was always considered our friend long before that.... .. ...quite a few of my friends from college and those in the bicycling group i am a part of are hard core liberals... even climate and animal rights activists who think my bowhunting activities makes me an animal murderer.... ....we have some pretty intense conversations on some of the longer rides.... . but they still consider me a friend.. :)

Last edited:
So what are you arguing?

Really? See the map above. 31 out of 50 states do not allow abortions now.