The Worthless Thread for Specifically Increasing Post Numbers

RAIDER has not shown his face around here since March. I wonder if one of IFBX-Files' friends kidnapped him.

so.... . could an outdated .. and no longer in service - U.S. F-14 tomcat defeat a 5th generation
chinese J-20 ?...(their newest stealth fighter)... in a full scale wartime environment?...

.... ..years ago people like warmonger and defense industry mogul dick cheney would have

said no... but digitial combat similators operated by competent u.s. pilots indicate otherwise....

maybe they should have kept the F-14 around a little longer?....

this is a great video but a warning is in order.... the F-14 had a very irritating and highly
audible enemy contact alert system... ..and it can be heard all through this video.... it
takes come getting use to....

f14btomcat.jpeg

so.... . could an outdated .. and no longer in service - U.S. F-14 tomcat defeat a 5th generation
chinese J-20 ?...(their newest stealth fighter)... in a full scale wartime environment?...

.... ..years ago people like warmonger and defense industry mogul dick cheney would have

said no... but digitial combat similators operated by competent u.s. pilots indicate otherwise....

maybe they should have kept the F-14 around a little longer?....

this is a great video but a warning is in order.... the F-14 had a very irritating and highly
audible enemy contact alert system... ..and it can be heard all through this video.... it
takes come getting use to....

View attachment 5889
I worked on F-14s during the 1980s so, I am going to be biased towards them. I was familiar with their capabilities and their armament and other than improved stealth/detection avoidance, I am not aware of any specific ways new generation fighters are that much better than F-14s. The improvements would have to be in the weapons. The F-14's speed and maneuverability can't be exceeded given human limitations to g forces and the like.

I worked on F-14s during the 1980s so, I am going to be biased towards them. I was familiar with their capabilities and their armament and other than improved stealth/detection avoidance, I am not aware of any specific ways new generation fighters are that much better than F-14s. The improvements would have to be in the weapons. The F-14's speed and maneuverability can't be exceeded given human limitations to g forces and the like.
at the same time as the F-22 raptor was being selected for the airforce... an upgraded f-14 tomcat
.... (ASF-14... which might have become the F-21 or F-24).... was being designed on the drawing board
that would have offered the same swing wing benefits and would also have stealth technology..... plus
the same super powerful multicapable engines in the F-22 raptor....

. .. it was cancelled by the washington admin of the time before it even got past the drafting table.... and today

nobody outside the pentagon knows what it actually would have looked like.... but there are many knowledgable
people who say the aircraft shown in these videos was probably pretty close to it....

its really a shame our leaders of the time didn;t have better forsight.. .. because the job the F-14 did for

the navy has never been equalled in the years since... ... even the much ballyhooed F-18 super hornet can;t
come close to what the old tomcat could do.... . just imagine what an upgraded stealth version of the F-14
tomcat could have done....

supertomcatf21.jpeg

Last edited: