The Longest Thread in the History of the FFF....

I actually like beer. Certain kinds. And I have no beer belly. Pic in profile...... An old friend who posted one pic ever of himself. I use it everywhere. LOL
I tried, I really tried. Drank plenty in my teens, mostly to just get drunk. Quit drinking until my early 20s until the fellas I worked with talked me into imbibing again…. “I just hadn’t drank the right beer” (imports, microbrews, etc). I tried numerous styles of beer, hoping to agree with them and share a common affinity. It all tasted like poo-poo to me. That was in my carnal Christian (😉) days so my religious bias had not yet been cultivated, I simply never could force myself to acquire that taste.

Last edited:
I tried, I really tried. Drank plenty in my teens, mostly to just get drunk. Quit drinking until my early 20s until the fellas I worked with talked me into imbibing again…. “I just hadn’t drank the right beer” (imports, microbrews, etc). I tried numerous styles of beer, hoping to agree with them and share a common affinity. It all tasted like poo-poo to me. That was in my carnal Christian (😉) days so my religious bias had not yet been cultivated, I simply never could force myself to acquire that taste.
I was an alcoholic almost by age 20, got saved, quit. I can drink one now and enjoy it.

Wait, Joe drinks beer? RANSOM, FSSL, ban him!!!!!
I used to....a LOT! But, I no longer drink it...but, I do occasionally cook with it. :) I ain't going to lie to appease a bunch of hypocritical or judgemental idiots.

I actually like beer. Certain kinds. And I have no beer belly. Pic in profile...... An old friend who posted one pic ever of himself. I use it everywhere. LOL
I like Lowenbrau, and I like several other craft beers in our area! I don't usually drink beer, as I seemed to love it too much back in my teens and early 20s, and would sometimes become somewhat hard to handle.

It's got to be poured out, no question.
Sneaky, Sneaky. I'll bet, as a teenager, you used to tell your parents "I never went out the door all night," when they asked if you went anywhere last night.

Budweiser, hmpf, should be named Bud Dumber.

<groan>

😁

I used to....a LOT! But, I no longer drink it...but, I do occasionally cook with it. :) I ain't going to lie to appease a bunch of hypocritical or judgemental idiots.
I used to marinade brisket in beer before smoking them in my Weber!

I did this way back when I was a hard-core IFBx KJVO!

I haven't done up a brisket in a good while!

Awwwmmmmmm.....I'm telling God! LOL Oh, wait, he already knows! Yep, I used to do that, too. I also used a little beer or whiskey in my BBQ sauce. Gives it a kick, that's for sure! :) Some days I really would like a drink, but, I'm just not quite dumb enough to start again.

I marinaded some flank steak in beer a couple weeks ago. It was beer I still had after I quit drinking. Quilter's Irish Death is a very smooth dark ale but it overpowered the flavor of the meat. Not that it wasn't tasty... and it came out TENDER!!! If I were to marinade with beer again, I'd use a lighter brew.

I'm not going to lie...I have five Miller Lite's in my fridge right now, and a bottle of white wine in the laundry room on the shelf..I believe I have a little rum still left in the laundry room as well as a medicinal bottle of whiskey above the stove. We neither one drink, but, we do use alcohol for certain things.

I'm not going to lie...I have five Miller Lite's in my fridge right now, and a bottle of white wine in the laundry room on the shelf..I believe I have a little rum still left in the laundry room as well as a medicinal bottle of whiskey above the stove. We neither one drink, but, we do use alcohol for certain things.
Ya. I still have a six pack of Quilter's on a shelf gathering dust. When Costco sells something, they do so in bulk. Very good per unit price but what do you do with a case of pints? Having all that beer on hand is what inspired me to discover I'd lose control when I began cracking them open.

Ya. I still have a six pack of Quilter's on a shelf gathering dust. When Costco sells something, they do so in bulk. Very good per unit price but what do you do with a case of pints? Having all that beer on hand is what inspired me to discover I'd lose control when I began cracking them open.
I drink a beer or two a week. No light beer. Just Guinness or Smithwicks or Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale.