Real HAC Numbers

qwerty said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
That is the reason behind the Hammond Bible Institute.

Never heard of this and can't find a website for it.

Do you know if there is a website?
It's held in secret. In order to find out about it, you have to provide your papers please. http://www.fbchammond.com/hbi/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154808074978334&id=50884673333&_rdr

So this sounds like where church members go to learn the Bible.  Too bad they don't teach the Bible in actual church services.

Twisted said:
qwerty said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

It's held in secret. In order to find out about it, you have to provide your papers please. http://www.fbchammond.com/hbi/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154808074978334&id=50884673333&_rdr

So this sounds like where church members go to learn the Bible.  Too bad they don't teach the Bible in actual church services.
Not an FBCH apologist, but I do believe Pastor Wilkerson has filled the void of sound Bible preaching from the pulpit from what I can see. I won't be returning, but still glad to see that there has been tremendous progress.

The institute is confusing, looks like a scaled down night college.

qwerty said:
Twisted said:
qwerty said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

Not an FBCH apologist, but I do believe Pastor Wilkerson has filled the void of sound Bible preaching from the pulpit from what I can see. I won't be returning, but still glad to see that there has been tremendous progress.

Not to be argumentative, but there is a huge difference between "sound Bible preaching" and Bible teaching.

Twisted said:
qwerty said:
Twisted said:
qwerty said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

Not to be argumentative, but there is a huge difference between "sound Bible preaching" and Bible teaching.
No argument here. Sound should not have been used.

Vince Massi said:
From another forum:  "I counted 1147 faces in the '76 yearbook."

When we opened in 1972, Dr. Evans announced that we had 301 students. Years later, he announced that attendance had risen every year.

It would appear that HAC almost reached 2,000 at its height.

I know this is an old thread....

In 2008 or so, we had 1,600 students.  The college hit it's peak in 1984, and has lost an average of 35 students per year since.... At it's peak, I think we had 2,600 students.  Of course, the last few years of Jack Schaap, we lost a few more than the 35 per year :)

WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

When we opened in 1972, Dr. Evans announced that we had 301 students. Years later, he announced that attendance had risen every year.

In 2008 or so, we had 1,600 students.  The college hit it's peak in 1984, and has lost an average of 35 students per year since.... At it's peak, I think we had 2,600 students.  Of course, the last few years of Jack Schaap, we lost a few more than the 35 per year :)

*IF* they become accredited, start to offer trade courses (electrical, HVAC, etc), they may see an increase and growth.

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

*IF* they become accredited, start to offer trade courses (electrical, HVAC, etc), they may see an increase and growth.

Maybe someone can help on this one.... but I think the college was going to start having Nursing, electrical and HVAC.... John Wilkerson came in around that time and nixed it.... said he wanted to have a single purpose of training full time workers.

WESLEY said:
.... said he wanted to have a single purpose of training full time workers.

That's code for "we ain't got the money to expand".

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
.... said he wanted to have a single purpose of training full time workers.

That's code for "we ain't got the money to expand".
Maybe I'm too far removed from it all  but apart from pastors and missionaries, is there market enough for grads to even offer Christian education majors?

WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

Can you guess why that was?

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

but that didn't go so well for Crown.

Teri in NC said:
WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

Can you guess why that was?

I can!  I can!!!

TheRealJonStewart said:
Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

Can you elaborate on the Crown statement.... is it not doing well?

TheRealJonStewart said:
Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
Vince Massi said:

Everything rises or falls on leadership.

Enrollment update.

Fall 2016 approx 420 at the start of the semester.
Spring 2017 approx 350 at the start of the semester.
Hammond Bible Institute approx 70 from this go round.
Question is, when do we pull the plug?
What do we do now?
Downward trends end at zero.
It's been seven years since this post. It appears the college has not grown any in the intervening time. I'm surprised that they have found a way to keep the doors open this long. I believe that the college is dead. They may not want to concede it, but I can't believe that you can keep paying "college" overhead with so few students. Looks to me that they had less than a hundred graduates in the Spring of 2024.

Alot of the staff have left not sure who is there. I would say 100 students if that...night classes don't exist.