Real HAC Numbers

"forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

You all are stuck in the past.

Does any one have current "NUMBERS" for HAC, Crown, GSBC, WCBC, Heartland, Pensacola ...

Remember it's still "all about the numbers".

Vince Massi said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
RAIDER said:
RAIDER said:
Here are the numbers that I have counted in the Cabers:

1975 - 990
1977 - 1229
1980 - 1518
1981 - 1639

What happened to 1611?

He was a student at the "original" campus.  :)

I am "inspired" by that answer.

Were the records preserved?

I guess until they started going down. that is why Raider is down in the catacombs ... er tunnels retrieving them.

sword said:
"forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

Does any one have current "NUMBERS" for HAC, Crown, GSBC, WCBC, Heartland, Pensacola ...

We must embrace and understand our past to move forward in the future.

RAIDER said:
sword said:

And every number of our past counts.

RAIDER said:
sword said:

And every number of our past counts.

That post was truly a blessing!

Enrollment update.

Fall 2016 approx 420 at the start of the semester.
Spring 2017 approx 350 at the start of the semester.
Hammond Bible Institute approx 70 from this go round.
Question is, when do we pull the plug?
What do we do now?
Downward trends end at zero.

bgwilkinson said:
Enrollment update.

What do we do now?

It would be interesting to know how many of the 350 are locals.

What do you do?  Good question.  Since there is nothing unique about HAC now (except past scandals), it's a wonder they have 350.

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Enrollment update.

What do we do now?

What do you do?  Good question.  Since there is nothing unique about HAC now (except past scandals), it's a wonder they have 350.

Well, there is the rub. Since we have nothing to offer except a very narrow view on religious education and zero courses that could be used by the average young person looking to get an education that is useable in earning a living, it looks like our future is locked into the downward trajectory to zero.

We could sell the college property and almost pay off the loan on the Hammond property.

bgwilkinson said:
We could sell the college property and almost pay off the loan on the Hammond property.

Now that you've built it up, the Catholics might be interested.

The Catholics in our area are not building training centers either, they are downsizing.

They still have one on Cline Ave. on the North side of Cedar Lake, but I've heard rumors from my Catholic friends it is not doing very well either.

bgwilkinson said:
The Catholics in our area are not building training centers either, they are downsizing.

They still have one on Cline Ave. on the North side of Cedar Lake, but I've heard rumors from my Catholic friends it is not doing very well either.
The Friary is on Parrish.

Salesians was on Cline and has been closed since 79. The college was actually looking at using it for additional men's dorms at one point, but is in such a state of disrepair that it would be cost prohibitive for remodel or demolition.

qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:

The Friary is on Parrish.

Salesians was on Cline and has been closed since 79. The college was actually looking at using it for additional men's dorms at one point but is in such a state of disrepair that it would be cost prohibitive for remodel or demolition.

Right you are, but in either case, neither one of them has much of a future. The buildings are worth less than the cost of demolition.

bgwilkinson said:

My reply was sorta a joke, but.....

Maybe the Mooslems could use it.  I'm sure they have a ton of cash.

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Enrollment update.

What do we do now?

Well, there is the rub. Since we have nothing to offer except a very narrow view on religious education and zero courses that could be used by the average young person looking to get an education that is useable in earning a living, it looks like our future is locked into the downward trajectory to zero.
The school was never meant to be any more than a training center for preachers and Christian workers.  That's why Bro. Hyles started it, that's why it is continuing to stay open.  If you want a liberal arts education for more than that, there are plenty of other institutions, some of them even call themselves Christian, that one can go to.

Too bad they called it a college, instead of a Bible institute.
Sad that they charged so much,  and unfortunate that it was a 4 year college when it could have been a 1 year plan.

Jo said:
Too bad they called it a college, instead of a Bible institute.
Sad that they charged so much,  and unfortunate that it was a 4 year college when it could have been a 1 year plan.

That is the reason behind the Hammond Bible Institute.
It has been operating about a year now and represents a more logical solution to the four-year college setup.

If we follow the current trajectories, we will close the college and only operate the institute.

bgwilkinson said:

Never heard of this and can't find a website for it.

Do you know if there is a website?

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

Never heard of this and can't find a website for it.

Do you know if there is a website?
It's held in secret. In order to find out about it, you have to provide your papers please. http://www.fbchammond.com/hbi/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154808074978334&id=50884673333&_rdr