HAC chapel preachers & their sermons

Carl Laurent - "Turn or Burn" which included a small controlled fire on the platform.

Speaking of sermons, found these at a used bookstore recently.

Attachments

• Jack Hyles books.jpg
    Jack Hyles books.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3
Bro Bill Pennell my pastor at Rochester Hills Baptist Church Rochester Hills, Michigan. A Stroll down lovers lane........He was caught with other women than his wife. This taught me to never worship man only God!!! He went on to pastor Forest Hills Baptist Church in Ga. Mrs Betty Pennell is the most godly lady you will ever know. She is precious!! She divorced and went on to be very successful . She is my ideal of a godly lady!!!
IMHO, Bill Pennell was a great pulpiteer. He could really bring memorable messages. I was saddened to hear of his demise so many years ago.

I read something from one of his daughters some years back. She was obviously struggling. But the point she made that I feel compelled to share is how devastating it was to their FAMILY and how many of the family members NEVER really recovered. My heart breaks for them.

IMHO, Bill Pennell was a great pulpiteer. He could really bring memorable messages. I was saddened to hear of his demise so many years ago.

I read something from one of his daughters some years back. She was obviously struggling. But the point she made that I feel compelled to share is how devastating it was to their FAMILY and how many of the family members NEVER really recovered. My heart breaks for them.
His son changed his name and has no contact with family.

His son changed his name and has no contact with family.
This does not justify sin in any way, but I think the prestige and sometimes the power and popularity that comes with being a well known praecher can lead to pride and a sense that they are entitled. I also believe the devil targets people in some positions more than others. I'm glad most preacher and pastors overcome the temptation that comes their way and set the example by living pure and holy lives.

Last edited:
I also believe the devil targets people in some positions more than others.
I have been witness to a friend of mine who took on higher level responsibilities within CMA. Almost instantly, she was in the enemy's cross hair and blown out of the saddle.

Dr. Hyles -
Joseph Dug His Own Grave
We've Heard with Our Ears, Our Fathers Have Told Us (or Revival Can Happen Again)
Sporting with Your Wife :) :)

Jeff Owens -
Don't Go to Hell from HAC
Shepherds in Wolves Clothing

Ray Young -
Consumed
My Heart is Fixed
I Am an Unprofitable Servant, I have done that which is my duty... (or maybe this was John Francis?)

Mike Fish -
How Big is Your Ripple

Kevin Cowling -
Let Go of the Oreo or You're a Dead Monkey

John Francis -
How to Have a Big Day (Church Ed.)
I have too many possessions...