David Baker arrested

He just committed suicide.

Next will be the IFB "leaders" attacking the accuser; saying she drove the "Mannagawd" to take his own life. It's their playbook. They can't help themselves. If they would be honest, God could keep them from heaping further damage on the victim. May it be so.

This whole ordeal is so tragic. I knew both Dave and his wife at college. Before he got married, we were on the same floor in the dorms. They had some 10 children.

Next will be the IFB "leaders" attacking the accuser; saying she drove the "Mannagawd" to take his own life. It's their playbook. They can't help themselves. If they would be honest, God could keep them from heaping further damage on the victim. May it be so.
Can you give it some time before you start this kind of stuff please.
I'm not defending him, but at least let his body reach room temperature first please?

• TRUTH!
Reactions: Jo
All pediphiles deserve the death penalty. May he never rest.

Can you give it some time before you start this kind of stuff please.
I'm not defending him, but at least let his body reach room temperature first please?
Just getting ahead of the pharisees. They'll be preaching within 6 weeks about "Jezebels" leading a man astray. No names, of course, but then they will say she could make a man kill himself, and did.
I didn't know Baker, but he sponsored David Hyles sham ministry of "restoration", so i didn't like him from the get go. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but if you have a family member repeatedly abused by a member of the clergy and watched the years of devastation that follows, you would understand the hatred.

I take no pleasures in his death. May God have mercy upon his sould and may those who care about him find peace and strength in the Lord!

I would much rather see people come to repentance and faith than come to this!

Just getting ahead of the pharisees. They'll be preaching within 6 weeks about "Jezebels" leading a man astray. No names, of course, but then they will say she could make a man kill himself, and did.
I didn't know Baker, but he sponsored David Hyles sham ministry of "restoration", so i didn't like him from the get go. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but if you have a family member repeatedly abused by a member of the clergy and watched the years of devastation that follows, you would understand the hatred.
He was more of an acquaintance than a friend, but I can't help but hurt for his wife and family.

Is anyone shocked at this ? This man has been a supporter of dh for years. Praying for his family of course but this is a mess they made themselves.
"this is a mess they made themselves" I'm not sure we can pin blame on his wife and children.
I do agree that nobody should ever associate ministries with DH... The man is a charlatan and has never repented.

"this is a mess they made themselves" I'm not sure we can pin blame on his wife and children.
I do agree that nobody should ever associate ministries with DH... The man is a charlatan and has never repented.
Time to tear down the altar of Hyles and mark those that still worship there.

Time to tear down the altar of Hyles and mark those that still worship there.
Since he died in 2001 some of you may need to stop obsesing about him.

I run in those circles and rarely hear his name mentioned. I listen to a number of Hammond camp IFB preachers on podcast or online and once again little or no mention of Hyles ever. I get the Sword of the Lord and a few other publications and again not one mention or published sermon.

The only place I hear about him on a regular basis is here.

Last edited: