Things I've Learned on the FFF!

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I learned that my bringing the sermon today in service, I was violating the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture. Nobody knows where, but somewhere...or so I'm told!  :)

No, no, no.  You were FOLLOWING the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture.  Nobody knows where, but it's somewhere.  That's what preachers who do it tell me.

I was following the NT pattern*.....God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

*a pattern is practice that was established, illustrated, practiced, encouraged and commanded throughout the NT.
    ;)

"God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry"

Very good.  Now show me where it says only one teacher should teach/preach, and it's supposed to be to a crowd of pew-sitters expected to be silent.  I'm sure that's in the Bible somewhere.  At least that's what pastors/preachers tell me.

The NT is FILLED with examples, exhortations and actual sermons taught and preached.
There are no, none, not even one example of a ya'll come and share a word.

No matter how much you click your heels and wish it so....

The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I learned that my bringing the sermon today in service, I was violating the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture. Nobody knows where, but somewhere...or so I'm told!  :)

No, no, no.  You were FOLLOWING the prescribed order of worship given in Scripture.  Nobody knows where, but it's somewhere.  That's what preachers who do it tell me.

I was following the NT pattern*.....God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

*a pattern is practice that was established, illustrated, practiced, encouraged and commanded throughout the NT.
    ;)

"God gave teachers, pastors....for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry"

Very good.  Now show me where it says only one teacher should teach/preach, and it's supposed to be to a crowd of pew-sitters expected to be silent.  I'm sure that's in the Bible somewhere.  At least that's what pastors/preachers tell me.
1st Smyrna, chapter 3 .... Thou shalt not let the lowly laity speak!

I learned that many of the people I grew up idolizing are actually criminals.

Another thing I learned ...

Who knew sweet iced tea could be so popular.  ;)

prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

You have a little hay mixed with your straw there...but par for the course.
And, that's as close as you'll come to a scriptural proof text to support your (and mater's) drivel.  ;)

Binaca Chugger said:
I learned that many of the people I grew up idolizing are actually criminals.

Bummer!
The (IFB)Pastors I grew up greatly respecting are represented by pictures in my office.

Liberals, political and otherwise, care more for symbolism than actual substance.

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

And, that's as close as you'll come to a scriptural proof text to support your (and mater's) drivel.  ;)
Yeah, it would be a shame to study why Ephesus was lauded for their stance, since we have almost 20 chapters to observe.

The IFB is on life support only being kept alive by Frag.... and maybe G*Y

prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

Yeah, it would be a shame to study why Ephesus was lauded for their stance, since we have almost 20 chapters to observe.

Acts 20 records two sermons Paul preached....one he was a little long winded.
The second was given to some from Ephesus.

Still looking for examples of those participatory y'all come services. ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

Don't read 1Cor. 12-14, for sure, especially not the end, where you are held responsible for keeping the commandments laid out in this passage.

prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

Don't read 1Cor. 12-14, for sure, especially not the end, where you are held responsible for keeping the commandments laid out in this passage.

It's not exactly Biblical rocket science that spiritual gifts should be exercised in the church. No one has ever argued otherwise, that I've seen at least.
Many different people do many different things in our services....always have.

Perhaps you and Mater don't really understand how it is.....or maybe you want to argue against a position nobody here holds. Maybe you're dense.....

prophet said:

Preachers who read this and still think there's such a thing in the Bible as a Sunday "worship service" which revolves around them and their "teaching" are the stinky toe of the body, especially when they can't interpret the Bible worth the fungus that makes their part stink. 

Just IMO, of course.

Stinky_Toe_title_card.jpg

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

;)

It's not exactly Biblical rocket science that spiritual gifts should be exercised in the church. No one has ever argued otherwise, that I've seen at least.
Many different people do many different things in our services....always have.

Perhaps you and Mater don't really understand how it is.....or maybe you want to argue against a position nobody here holds. Maybe you're dense.....
I noticed that you didnt mention those commandments. Not being rocket science n all, it seems you'd have an answer.
I wont wait up all night.....

He was rebuking the Corinthians for error.....kinda like you and Mater.
Go thou and ask everyone now what does this verse mean to YOU just ain't in the scripture.

However, sermons, references to sermons and admonitions to Pastors to preach and teach...even the subjects they are to preach and teach on ARE everywhere.

Go figure.....but what do those verses mean to YOU and MATER?
Hallelujah!

Tarheel Baptist said:
Go thou and ask everyone now what does this verse mean to YOU just ain't in the scripture.

However, sermons, references to sermons and admonitions to Pastors to preach and teach...even the subjects they are to preach and teach on ARE everywhere.

Hallelujah!
I agree, it doesn't say "go thou, and blah....blah....blah"

It says:

"Ye may all prophesy."

"Amen" is said, after the prophets have spoken, and their words  judged as truth.
That is the Biblical method for speaking in the assembly.

1Co 14:37-38
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Tarheel Baptist said:

Hallelujah!

The Rogue Tomato said:
prophet said:

Preachers who read this and still think there's such a thing in the Bible as a Sunday "worship service" which revolves around them and their "teaching" are the stinky toe of the body, especially when they can't interpret the Bible worth the fungus that makes their part stink. 

Just IMO, of course.

I don't know any pastors who think the service is about them and their teaching, I'm sure they are in the church just as they are in the round table discussions.

Now when you are sitting around the table and sharing are the women allowed to speak or ask questions?

Mathew Ward said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
prophet said:

Just IMO, of course.

I don't know any pastors who think the service is about them and their teaching, I'm sure they are in the church just as they are in the round table discussions.

Now when you are sitting around the table and sharing are the women allowed to speak or ask questions?

Mater and peerophet aren't going to answer that question....it means nothing to them...and that's what matters.