The Longest Thread in the History of the FFF....

You ARE a nerd
When we were kids, being labeled a nerd was the worst thing imaginable. Thanks to Happy Days (a most retched show).

Imagine how much better my grades would have been if I embraced my inner nerd as a kid.

"Nerd" is a title I now wear as a badge of honor.

This thread is 6 months old tomorrow. This will be post # 366. How well does it stack up against other long threads?

Last edited:
This thread is 6 months old tomorrow. This will be post # 366. How well does it stack up against other long threads?
At 6 months, the "Worthless Thread" was nearly 30 pages and well over 500 posts.

Last edited:
At 6 months, Counting Pictures was 49 pages and nearly 1000 posts.

BTW, looking at Counting Pictures gave me a clue as to why Twisted holds the forum record for most posts.

Last edited:
When we were kids, being labeled a nerd was the worst thing imaginable. Thanks to Happy Days (a most retched show).

Imagine how much better my grades would have been if I embraced my inner nerd as a kid.

"Nerd" is a title I now wear as a badge of honor.

I can fellowship with a lot of people, but somebody who thinks Happy Days was a stinky show, well, brother, THAT CROSSES THE LINE!

I can fellowship with a lot of people, but somebody who thinks Happy Days was a stinky show, well, brother, THAT CROSSES THE LINE!
It took me years to unlearn what that show taught me about relationships between men and women.

It took me years to unlearn what that show taught me about relationships between men and women.

Haven't watched it for years, and only did so as a kid of about 7-10 years of age (mostly re-runs of course, which proves you're old!😁) so I didn't see it from the boy-girl relationship angle too much. What kind of stuff did you have to de-program?

Haven't watched it for years, and only did so as a kid of about 7-10 years of age (mostly re-runs of course, which proves you're old!😁) so I didn't see it from the boy-girl relationship angle too much. What kind of stuff did you have to de-program?
What I call the Fonzi model. Chicks, chicks, chicks... Snap your fingers and they fall all over you. The ultimate goal is to get with a chick and make out. I think back on it and the Fonz was really a womanizer. Yes, the producers did tone him down quite a bit as the series progressed but for me damage was done.

Of course, a 7-10 year old kid would be less likely to pick up on that aspect. And you say you were watching reruns so you were likely talking in a toned down Fonzi. But I was starting adolescence; hormones were starting to flow and I was naturally noticing the fairer sex as never before. I was getting first run programming. Every Tuesday night at 8pm on ABC... I was parked in front of the television.

BTW I didn't know I was that much older than you.

What I call the Fonzi model. Chicks, chicks, chicks... Snap your fingers and they fall all over you. The ultimate goal is to get with a chick and make out. I think back on it and the Fonz was really a womanizer. Yes, the producers did tone him down quite a bit as the series progressed but for me damage was done.

Of course, a 7-10 year old kid would be less likely to pick up on that aspect. And you say you were watching reruns so you were likely talking in a toned down Fonzi. But I was starting adolescence; hormones were starting to flow and I was naturally noticing the fairer sex as never before. I was getting first run programming. Every Tuesday night at 8pm on ABC... I was parked in front of the television.

BTW I didn't know I was that much older than you.

That's kinda what I figured. When you see what's on "regular TV" today it pales in comparison, but in context of your situation I can see that.

And no, you're not that much older than me (5 years), but I have 3 older brothers (the youngest of which is 1 year older than you) and I never miss a chance to tell them how old they are, and you remind me of them 😁

That's kinda what I figured. When you see what's on "regular TV" today it pales in comparison, but in context of your situation I can see that.

And no, you're not that much older than me (5 years), but I have 3 older brothers (the youngest of which is 1 year older than you) and I never miss a chance to tell them how old they are, and you remind me of them 😁
5 years is quite a bit amongst kids. Not so much when you reach our age.