Looking back....

spock

Elect
Reaction score
Probably the greatest years were the very first of years (if one could call those years great). It was a a "perfect storm" of misfits with a sprinkling of a few normal persons. I came to the conclusion early that somehow problem young adults end up at "Christian Colleges & Universities". I doubted my decision to go there because I wasn't sure what group I would be classified in. I remember "Hawkeye", a double-jointed clutz with acne and thick glasses. He newer showered or brushed his teeth. His manners would gag a maggot. He would scoop up as many cornflakes on a spoon as possible and then take his other hand and carefully gather another 3 or 4 spoonfuls and balance them on his spoon and then force pack them into his mouth. Milk would trickle down his acne covered chin and drip on his wrinkled shirt. On one particular morning, we had a visiting missionary (lady), quite attractive, and she was having breakfast with the dorm students (she had stayed in the dormitory that previous evening). It so happened that Hawkeye was so taken by this lovely persons appearance, that he sat down right across the table from her. The tables were long folding type. This morning, after loading up a pint and a half of cornflakes in his mouth, he sneezed with his mouth full (and opened) and the entire contents was sprayed on this meek lady. She quickly vaulted up from the table and headed to the first floor women's restroom. I remember her high heels hitting the floor rapidly, a sound I would later associate with a pneumatic jackhammer busting up concrete. Hawkeye was just one of many. I do not think he ever made it to graduation. I would like to connect again with him to see how he is faring. And then there was Steve......

Back