Jobs While You Were in College:

I cleaned a bar, the Moose club ($9/day), at 6am 7 days a week. I washed dishes at the Country Club (3.35/hour). I was a Math Statistics tutor ($3.35/hour). I worked with Mentally retarded individuals in a group home ($3.55/hour). I worked as a cook at McDonalds ($3.55/hour). I was a college agent for Northwestern Mutual Life insurance (Commission). I worked construction, destroying garages, putting up roof trusses, scrapping metal (Cash paid daily as the boss could). I was president of the Christian Student Fellowship at Penn State University (unpaid). I was on the board of a corporation that raised money for children with incurable diseases who were indigent (commission). I cleared land for a bible college in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico ( paid room and board only).

Why not start a thread discussing jobs you had while in Bible college?
As in all threads inspired by HAC, and RAIDER, it's all about the numbers.
One job per post please!
Sorry, I posted all my undergraduate jobs in one post. Graduate school next.
Worked in an institution with mentally retarded individuals. The legal description of someone with an IQ less than 70 is mentally retarded, and we were required to call them that.

I cleaned a bar, the Moose club ($9/day), at 6am 7 days a week. I washed dishes at the Country Club (3.35/hour). I was a Math Statistics tutor ($3.35/hour). I worked with Mentally retarded individuals in a group home ($3.55/hour). I worked as a cook at McDonalds ($3.55/hour). I was a college agent for Northwestern Mutual Life insurance (Commission). I worked construction, destroying garages, putting up roof trusses, scrapping metal (Cash paid daily as the boss could). I was president of the Christian Student Fellowship at Penn State University (unpaid). I was on the board of a corporation that raised money for children with incurable diseases who were indigent (commission). I cleared land for a bible college in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico ( paid room and board only).
Sounds like you have had a very interesting life. Tell us more.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but hearing about jobs before and after your HAC days are just as interesting.

Here's mine.

Worked as a dietitian's aide for $1.84/hour while still in high school
Sold Avon door to door one summer
Taught at a Christian school after HAC
Worked for the state for one year
Worked for a credit company one summer. Heard the collectors harass people they were trying to get money from.
Sold insurance in a call center
Worked for an attorney in a large corporation and learned words like "force majeure"
Worked for attorneys at a non-profit foundation
Sat with an elderly woman who had been a college professor/author with dementia. I read her memoir back to her as we cried and laughed together.
Worked for an attorney who deals with high-dollar clients

Also volunteered as a CASA for a year.

Presently working on my memoir which will probably pay me nothing. It's aggravating, challenging, frightening and fulfilling. Not necessarily in that order.

Last edited:
I threw papers for 2 weeks. I was hoodwinked by another bus captain to do a great favor for our division leader while he was on vacation over Christmas.
One of his customers left him a gift for Christmas...A bottle of JB.
I made sure to deliver it to him at HAC.

He's the most interesting man in the world...

1000002427.jpg