Best and/or Worst

Best: hugs from my bus kids.
Worst: being placed on Carol Fry's floor every single year.

Caligirl said:
Best: hugs from my bus kids.
Worst: being placed on Carol Fry's floor every single year.

Do we know you I was there the early years ? I glad you survived Miss Frye...........

Do we know you I was there the early years ? I glad you survived Miss Frye...........
[/quote]

I posted a few times on the other board as 80'slady. I was there from 86-91.

Thank you for letting me know who you are...........good to see you!! :)

IFB ,Thank you for your humor..........God bless you!!

Best:  Chutzpa!

Worst:  The rest of the class.

Best: Daily being near so many authors who can autograph their books for you.

Worst:  Their books.

Best:  Off Campus Dates

Worst:  When it begins with the chaperone mandating that you sit in front with him and your date can sit in back with his wife.  Somehow you just knew the date wasn't going to go as planned.

Binaca Chugger said:
Best:  Off Campus Dates

Worst:  When it begins with the chaperone mandating that you sit in front with him and your date can sit in back with his wife.  Somehow you just knew the date wasn't going to go as planned.
Chinatown bus date :your 'chaperones' took their dates and went one way, and you went the other.  Such a laid back trip!  My wife and I  went every time.  For a dorm girl, it was like leaving prison for a while.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Larry Staab and his wife took us out to Kelsey's Steakhouse.  We had a great time. Just as relaxed as we could be.  Bro.Staab paid the tab, even though I had planned to cover it.
I guess this falls under 'best'.

prophet said:
Larry Staab and his wife took us out to Kelsey's Steakhouse.  We had a great time. Just as relaxed as we could be.  Bro.Staab paid the tab, even though I had planned to cover it.

Some staff members were such nice people.  We had a similar experience with Judson Mitchell.  He even borrowed a nicer car to drive us around Chicago in!

Then there was the guy who, when I suggested we stop at an old fashioned ice cream parlor to share sundaes, mandated that I purchase one for him and his wife, then sat at the table for two with us to make sure we were behaving.  My wife and I still laugh about it - that sad, crying sort of laugh - not the happy jubilant kind.  :-\

The Best; Going to pastor's school and being surrounded by so many "doctors".

The Worst; Finding out how bad some of these doctors bedside manners were. (The infamous hospitality room surrounded by armed security guards. In case the preachers wanted somebody dedcapitated)

Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

Some staff members were such nice people.  We had a similar experience with Judson Mitchell.  He even borrowed a nicer car to drive us around Chicago in!

Then there was the guy who, when I suggested we stop at an old fashioned ice cream parlor to share sundaes, mandated that I purchase one for him and his wife, then sat at the table for two with us to make sure we were behaving.  My wife and I still laugh about it - that sad, crying sort of laugh - not the happy jubilant kind.  :-\

You have to tell us the staff member that would act that way? I'm dying to know...........I hope they are gone!!

Sherryh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
prophet said:

You have to tell us the staff member that would act that way? I'm dying to know...........I hope they are gone!!

Still there.  I wouldn't do that to him.  All in all, he was a really nice guy who was really underpaid.  He helped me adjust to being around so many HACkers.  I think primarily, he was really underpaid, so I didn't mind footing the bill for him.  He probably didn't get asked to chaperone much at all, so was probably just not sure what to do.  Still, we laugh about it - that sad, crying sort of laugh.

Thanks Binaca I understand...............I'm surprised he wasn't cut with the rest!! I'm glad you have a good attitude from that experience....

Sherryh said:
Thanks Binaca I understand...............I'm surprised he wasn't cut with the rest!! I'm glad you have a good attitude from that experience....

Well...... I guess I have no idea if he is actually still employed.  He was pretty low level when we were there.  There were/are a lot of good people at HAC.  Even though many of them were pretty quirky.  Hence the thread!

Best:  "In this class, I want to give you such an enjoyment and thirst for history that you will want to search it out on your own."

Worst:  "In this class, I don't teach English, I PREACH English."

Binaca Chugger said:
Best:  "In this class, I want to give you such an enjoyment and thirst for history that you will want to search it out on your own."

Worst:  "In this class, I don't teach English, I PREACH English."
thanks, Matt.

Best:  "UNLESS YOUR ON FIRE!!  FIRE!!  FIRE!!"

Worst:  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"  "ONE!!"  "FIVE!!"