Where did all the juicy gossip go?

Baptist Renegade

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Is WCBC still a cult?

Is the diploma actually worth the paper on which it is printed?

Do you still have to return your diploma if you now carry an ESV and have become a Calvinist because you actually took the time to read and study your Bible???

Is Paul Chappell a compromising liberal now? Have they gone "Woke?" Do they celebrate "Pride Month?"

Is LBC/WCBC now considered a "Kinder-Gentler" version of IFBx?

Where's AmazedbyGrace???

You asked for it, so here it is:

(Not intended as an endorsement of this article or of everything David Cloud has ever written - this is posted only as information about what some IFBs are saying about WCBC, which may or may not have any validity - interested parties should do their own research).

For student reviews of WCBC, see this site:

Is WCBC still a cult?

Is the diploma actually worth the paper on which it is printed?

Do you still have to return your diploma if you now carry an ESV and have become a Calvinist because you actually took the time to read and study your Bible???

Is Paul Chappell a compromising liberal now? Have they gone "Woke?" Do they celebrate "Pride Month?"

Is LBC/WCBC now considered a "Kinder-Gentler" version of IFBx?

Where's AmazedbyGrace???
did you hear that baptist renegade traded his strat for membership in a sewing circle?... .. .... .... i didn;t want to believe it myself..... but.... :rolleyes:.

;):sneaky:

did you hear that baptist renegade traded his strat for membership in a sewing circle?... .. .... .... i didn;t want to believe it myself..... but.... :rolleyes:.

;):sneaky:
Nope, still got my closet full of guitars including a couple of Strats, a couple of Teles, a few different basses and several acoustics! Don't play them as much as I used to though. I think I am veering closer to my IFB roots although I am fine with playing Hendrix, Zeppelin, Outlaw Country, and SRV blues stuff (not in Church though) but preach against Hillsong, Bethel, and Elevation worship!

I'm also getting ready to build a new Tele style guitar for my granddaughter so... :cool:

Whatsoever you sew, that shall ye also reap!:ROFLMAO:

Whatsoever you sew, that shall ye also reap!:ROFLMAO:
sounds like a stray thread un-knitted from it;s fabric.... 🪡. ..at the very best a yarn.... 🧶.....i heard it as - "whatsoever thou sewest not aright - that shall ye also rip".....:sneaky:

;)

Last edited:
speaking of outlaw country.... . a native hawaiian friend of ours comes to the archery range now and then
and always has country music playing loud on a stereo from his pickup truck - though he was born in hawaii
and never lived anywhere else, he likes the really red neck type of music... . last week he was there playing
this song on his stereo... and even had it on repeat so it played 3 times in a row.... ......i mentioned to him
it was kind of strange for a hawaiian to like a song talking about being buried on southern ground.... but he
corrected me ..smiling... and said hawaii is the southern most state in the union..... father south than any
of them... . so there is nothing unusual about it at all.... :cool:

trouble is the song got into my head and i couldn;t get it out.... still can;t.... 😖

speaking of outlaw country.... . a native hawaiian friend of ours comes to the archery range now and then
and always has country music playing loud on a stereo from his pickup truck - though he was born in hawaii
and never lived anywhere else, he likes the really red neck type of music... . last week he was there playing
this song on his stereo... and even had it on repeat so it played 3 times in a row.... ......i mentioned to him
it was kind of strange for a hawaiian to like a song talking about being buried on southern ground.... but he
corrected me ..smiling... and said hawaii is the southern most state in the union..... father south than any
of them... . so there is nothing unusual about it at all.... :cool:

trouble is the song got into my head and i couldn;t get it out.... still can;t.... 😖

I was in a "Texas Country" band for a short time with a friend who was big-time into being "Unreconstructed" and always advocated for Texas's secession from the United States. I am a proud Texan (even a "Texan first, American second") but he took things a little further than I cared for. I thought about starting a "Red Dirt/Outlaw Country" band with some blues and classic rock mixed in but lack the motivation plus I am completely done with playing in bars these days.

The photo is of Matthew Chappell who has a "Hip, Contemporary" style church in Rancho Cucumonga.

To me, he looks like a Steve Furtick wannabe and the worship music I have heard sounds like a "Disney Channel" version of Hillsong Worship! :ROFLMAO:

In Paul Chappell's defense, his son is a grown man who is capable of making his own decisions and setting his own direction. He is most certainly asserting the "Independent" part of Independent Fundamental Baptist is he not?:cool:

David Cloud clearly does not approve of LBC/WCBC (Does he even agree with himself?) and will use whatever he can to take a "dig" at Paul Chappell! I think this goes without saying though.

In my opinion, I am not a fan of the vast majority of what is being pumped out of the "Contemporary Worship Music Industry" and I disagree with dressing in a way that would make him look "Hip and Relevant" to a younger generation.

The auditorium and platform of Lancaster Baptist still looks very much the way I remember it when I left in the early 2000s.

Trinity Baptist Jacksonville Florida/Trinity Baptist College (Tom Messer) is now very much contemporary in their worship style with their auditorium looking more like a music venue than a Church! I would say they are much more the influencers than LBC/WCBC - at least at present. Could be different when things transition over to the "next generation" but this also goes to show that the old time "STAAANDEEEEEEEEEERDS" of the 40s/50s really have little to no legitimate biblical foundation athough all of the "heretical" ESV toting reformed guys have managed to stick to the "Old Paths" of conservative dress and worship styles. Go figure!

I was in a "Texas Country" band for a short time with a friend who was big-time into being "Unreconstructed" and always advocated for Texas's secession from the United States. I am a proud Texan (even a "Texan first, American second") but he took things a little further than I cared for. I thought about starting a "Red Dirt/Outlaw Country" band with some blues and classic rock mixed in but lack the motivation plus I am completely done with playing in bars these days.
Aw...you need to be like Steve Earle....He was in the same class with my wife and I when we were preparing to become foster parents. The first day of our classes he had just been released from his sentence for drugs. There were some extenuating circumstances, and the state decided to allow him to become a foster parent along with his wife, LuAnne...my brother Mike was in that class with his ex-wife, Bonnie. Steve talked to us a lot about the music scene since our younger brother was/is in the entertainment industry and a singer/songwriter.

Aw...you need to be like Steve Earle....He was in the same class with my wife and I when we were preparing to become foster parents. The first day of our classes he had just been released from his sentence for drugs. There were some extenuating circumstances, and the state decided to allow him to become a foster parent along with his wife, LuAnne...my brother Mike was in that class with his ex-wife, Bonnie. Steve talked to us a lot about the music scene since our younger brother was/is in the entertainment industry and a singer/songwriter.
I wonder what Steve Earle thinks about "Copperhead Road" being the main song he is known for? He has quite a bit of material that is much better! I don't care for his politics but he seems like a good guy.

I wonder what Steve Earle thinks about "Copperhead Road" being the main song he is known for? He has quite a bit of material that is much better! I don't care for his politics but he seems like a good guy.
I don't believe he has a problem with being known for Copperhead Road. I have liked some of his newer stuff, especially the songs with an Irish slant. His politics are terrible, and we disagree with each other. He is a pretty decent guy. I'd love to see Christ get ahold of him.

I don't believe he has a problem with being known for Copperhead Road. I have liked some of his newer stuff, especially the songs with an Irish slant. His politics are terrible, and we disagree with each other. He is a pretty decent guy. I'd love to see Christ get ahold of him.
I'm sure he is not complaining about all the royalty money that is coming in but as an artist, it seems that a lot of his better stuff is being overlooked.

Seems I disagree politically with all of my favorite singer/songwriters. James McMurtry is one of my favorites but we are polar opposites politically although I think we would see some common ground in many places.

i rmember in early 2016 there was a lot of talk about a texit.... and the possibility texas could declare independence..... . but then when trump got elected the talk seemed to die down...

Texas-Secession-Movement-GOP-Republicans.jpeg

i rmember in early 2016 there was a lot of talk about a texit.... and the possibility texas could declare independence..... . but then when trump got elected the talk seemed to die down...

View attachment 5590
They are always talking about "Texit" but such will never happen unless the world suddenly refers to us as the "Former United States of America" and may God help us if this were to happen! Not just for Texans but for the entire nation!

Back