Favorite Foods and Recipes...

Pecan pie with whiskey sauce was for dessert. My numbers are going to be so bad tomorrow. I'll be good from now on, I promise...😏
We've been back for over a week now and I haven't been very true to my word but despite that I didn't gain any weight on this trip and my A1c dropped from 8% to 6%!

1000002381.jpg
I'm baking bread today.

The loaf pictured is from the other day. It's the second loaf I've made. With each loaf, I take note of ways I can improve. It's a work in progress. Even if the bread comes out looking weird or it has an odd texture, it still tastes better than anything we buy in the store and is a fraction of the cost.

Making our own bread allows us to control what goes in it. We eat whole/multi grain bread. We don't eat a lot of bread; what we do eat has lots of fiber and flavor. We're cutting back on sugar and making our own bread is a big part of that. I use about 2/3 the amount of sugar that the recipes call for; just enough to allow the yeast to work. I prefer molasses because of it imparts a bit of flavor and a nice dark color to the bread.

Last edited:
View attachment 5822
I'm baking bread today.

The loaf pictured is from the other day. It's the second loaf I've made. With each loaf, I take note of ways I can improve. It's a work in progress. Even if the bread comes out looking weird or it has an odd texture, it still tastes better than anything we buy in the store and is a fraction of the cost.

Making our own bread allows us to control what goes in it. We eat whole/multi grain bread. We don't eat a lot of bread; what we do eat has lots of fiber and flavor. We're cutting back on sugar and making our own bread is a big part of that. I use about 2/3 the amount of sugar that the recipes call for; just enough to allow the yeast to work. I prefer molasses because of it imparts a bit of flavor and a nice dark color to the bread.
that looks awesome... ... i had to temporarily suspend my bread baking efforts... ..i didn;t totally give them up.... i just ended up needing hands on help from someone experienced - and that person has been too busy to help... .but hopefully she will get some breaks from it all soon.... ... hopefully before christmas...... .