Dear Roommate,

Yes.

Unless played by Weird Al Yankovic, accordion music has not enjoyed much popularity.

For myself, accordion music holds special memories. My mother used to relax by playing her accordion. Neither my sisters nor I appreciated it at the time but long after Mom's passing, I'd give anything to hear her play her accordion once more.
Lawrence Welk made the accordion popular.

Lawrence Welk made the accordion popular.
My mom made my older brother & me take accordion lessons for 2.5-3 years starting when I was 7. Maybe she didn't make us when we started - there was a Cincinnati kids TV show - The Uncle Al Show - back then, that we loved watching and Uncle Al played the accordion throughout each episode. That might have inspired us to want to play it, but after awhile, it became a chore to practice daily.

Last edited:
Ed Reese was a good accordion man!

I am reminded of an episode of the Drew Carey Show many years back. Drew played the accordion and wanted to get in a rock band. He said "Everybody knows you can't have a decent band without the rock accordion."

Trivia Fact: The first instrument that three members (Nils Lofgren, Roy Bittan, Dan Federici) of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band ever learned to play (as children) was the accordion. They went on to have decent careers in music.

The accordion was once a very big deal!

• TRUTH!
Reactions: Jo
one of the primary members of the B&B project from ukraine... which started as
a musical duo
... plays the accordian.. and plays it very well..... the other part of

the duo plays a bandura... .here they are playing vivaldis storm.... ...it;s beautiful
... but i;ll admit i would probably have objections if one of my room mates woke me

up in the morning playing this... (it;s dangerous for any of them to wake me up in
the morning anyway)

All of my roommates are still married to their college sweethearts and still in ministry from oh, so long ago.

There were many good things about HAC and many good HACkers who weren't really HACkers.
Do you think it was the adherence to biblical (marrage) principals that accounts for this success rate among you peers.

I think national surveys show an above 50% divorce rate in the US even among those that profess to be Christians (all varietys).

Current divorce rates in India are around 1 per 100 indians get divorced or get an annullment. That's up from around 7.4 per 1000 the decade before. I can only assume there success rate is cultural, but any ideas why their success rate is so much higher.

* Not intending to steal the thread. I will start a new one if their are lots of thoughts.

Do you think it was the adherence to biblical (marrage) principals that accounts for this success rate among you peers.

I think national surveys show an above 50% divorce rate in the US even among those that profess to be Christians (all varietys).

Current divorce rates in India are around 1 per 100 indians get divorced or get an annullment. That's up from around 7.4 per 1000 the decade before. I can only assume there success rate is cultural, but any ideas why their success rate is so much higher.

* Not intending to steal the thread. I will start a new one if their are lots of thoughts.
I’m married to the same woman now for over 20 years. Does it really matter over 20 years later who I kissed before we started dating? No, absolutely not! Who cares at this point?

Marriage is work no matter who the couple is. Not knowing these couples, my opinion is, they work at it, they work on themselves and are humble enough to say, I was wrong and I’m sorry. And they work hard to not do that again.

They forgive often and at some point realize they are on the same team and want each other to win in life and their marriage.

Of course! Like I said, we are all still in ministry...

Marriage is an institution founded by God. Therefore, adhering to His principles concerning marriage makes for an enduring marriage.