Christian Womanhood Divorce Lady

Justice1976

Elect
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the lady that spoke at Christian Womanhood meetings on divorce? I think her last name was Hays. She was divorced and spoke on the evils of divorce, which was a bit novel for that place at the time.

She also worked at the college and was helpful to me at times. I never really knew what happened to her after I left in 1981 and see no trace of her anywhere on anything related to the church or college. Just wondering.

Does anyone remember the lady that spoke at Christian Womanhood meetings on divorce? I think her last name was Hays. She was divorced and spoke on the evils of divorce, which was a bit novel for that place at the time.

She also worked at the college and was helpful to me at times. I never really knew what happened to her after I left in 1981 and see no trace of her anywhere on anything related to the church or college. Just wondering.
Was this Mrs Evans sister or sister in law ? She may have passed away not sure.

Was this Mrs Evans sister or sister in law ? She may have passed away not sure.
I never heard that they were related, but obviously Mrs. Evans obviously had a big hand in the woman's life as a speaker in that group.

Sherryh, what did you think of Mrs. Evans?

Last edited:
I loved Mrs Evans she was real not perfect. Carol Frye Tudor was another story. Carol had favorites I wasn't on her floor thank the Lord. Carol ruled my intimation sadly...She was my friend on facebook until I questioned her and she deleted me. LOL!!!

I loved Mrs Evans she was real not perfect. Carol Frye Tudor was another story. Carol had favorites I wasn't on her floor thank the Lord. Carol ruled my intimation sadly...She was my friend on facebook until I questioned her and she deleted me. LOL!!!

While I was there, Carol Frye had a very large following and a bombastic personality. I'm not usually a follower, more of an outsider, so I just didn't get it.

While I was there, Carol Frye had a very large following and a bombastic personality. I'm not usually a follower, more of an outsider, so I just didn't get it.
I was in Miss Shelhart dorm. I was not a follower of Carol Frye

The link above is a picture of Ms Hayes that her daughter posted a few months ago. Her daughter taught English at HAC
in the mid-late 80's, too. She was an excellent English teacher, along with English teachers, Mrs. Barber, Mrs. Fletcher & Miss Hobbs.

Last edited:

The link above is a picture of Ms Hayes that her daughter posted a few months ago. Her daughter taught English at HAC
in the mid-late 80's, too. She was an excellent English teacher, along with English teachers, Mrs. Barber, Mrs. Fletcher & Miss Hobbs.
Is she still up in that area and in the ministry?