Are We Living In the Last Days?

illinoisguy

Elect
Reaction score
Interesting commentary - I agree with this writer, pastor of Nora Community Church in Nora, Illinois:

"Many Christians are looking at the news today and thinking the day of the Lord’s return is imminent. Some have even labeled their anti-Christ figure as either Trump or Biden (or Obama). I don’t believe these sorts of things are beneficial. Of course, Christ is alive in heaven and will come again. But the hermeneutic of some of these over-enthusiastic Christians needs to be curbed. It seems to create only giddiness and anxiety based mainly on a poor reading of the text. (The Left Behind movies have sensationalized this trend even more in recent decades.) . . .

"Furthermore, the biblical concept of 'The Last Days' always means the days between Christ’s first advent and his second advent; his first coming in Bethlehem and his second coming in glory. We have been in the Last Days since Christ’s advent over 2,000 years ago.

"Frankly, I’m weary of American Christians promoting the idea that what is happening in American politics and society is the central fulfillment of biblical prophecy. The Church has endured persecution and false teachers since Christ’s time on earth, and she will continue to endure them until he comes again. Let us be faithful to him, eagerly waiting for his return, but let us not grow anxious or too confident in our end time’s predictions. Jesus himself says, 'But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only' (Matthew 24:36)."

"'But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: "And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh...." Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing'" (Acts 2:17, 33)

"In these last days he has spoken to us by his Son" (Heb. 1:2)

"Children, it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18)

So ... yes.

Last edited:
Yes, we are. As in the days of Noah, when the last of the elect entered the ark the door was shut and judgement came, it will be in these days. When the last of the elect enter into Christ, the Door will be shut, and judgement will come.

Back