40 years ago.....

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
40 years ago was my graduation from HAC.
I had started in 1977 as a married father of one living by faith and working full time. 4 years later we had 3 kids, no debt & still living by faith to launch into ministry. BTW, my wife was a stay at home mom.
In 1981 a bunch of us got together & celebrated graduation with our families out in the country on a farm, we had lots of food leftover. The next day the sailor ministry had a big day with more on the buses than they had planned to feed. We found out about it & took a bus load out to the farm. After eating lunch we held a preaching service, I preached in a hayloft & about 15 of those guys got saved.
I still witness to the lost often, still preach some & love good preaching, am semi-retired, founded own & run a successful business, still married to my high school sweetheart, delight to report that all my kids & grandkids are in church & living all-out for Jesus. Still "clipping coupons" from years in the ministry. A'int God good!

Last edited:
40 years ago was my graduation from HAC.
I had started in 1977 as a married father of one living faith and working full time. 4 years later we had 3 kids, no debt & still living by faith to launch into ministry. BTW, my wife was a stay at home mom.
In 1981 a bunch of us got together & celebrated graduation with our families out in the country on a farm, we had lots of food leftover. The next day the sailor ministry had a big day with more on the buses than they had planned to feed. We found out about it & took a bus load out to the farm. After eating lunch we held a preaching service, I preached in a hayloft & about 15 of those guys got saved.
I still witness to the lost often, still preach some & love good preaching, am semi-retired, run a successful business, still married to my high school sweetheart, delight to report that all my kids & grandkids are in church & living all-out for Jesus. Still "clipping coupons" from years in the ministry. A'int God good!
Amen, brother

40 years ago this month, seems like just a few years ago.
1623940404686.png

Tiananmen Square Massacre

Human rights in China are no better today than they were 40 years ago. Same with religious freedom.
The only difference today is we own China 1.06 trillion dollars and we buy roughly 500 billion more from them than they buy from us each year.
We export raw materials to them and they make products out of them and sell them back to us.
Sorry for the hijack.

View attachment 2081

Tiananmen Square Massacre

Human rights in China are no better today than they were 40 years ago. Same with religious freedom.
The only difference today is we own China 1.06 trillion dollars and we buy roughly 500 billion more from them than they buy from us each year.
We export raw materials to them and they make products out of them and sell them back to us.
Sorry for the hijack.
Back then most of us at HAC had NO TV & had to find out about the then current events via the newspapers. Laurent had many only reading the news to find reasons to send letters to the editors about those events.