softball season is back!!

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
... college softball all day today....🥎 ... the clearwater invitiational is underway in florida... 🏝️.... showing on the espn channels.... and the kajikawa classic is underway at arizona state..🏜️..... showing on the pac12 network.... ..... . was watching games most of the day yesterday and currently watching 2 live games on split screens at the same time right now.... :D....... but both are on a commercial breaks at the moment.... . ....3 games will be on at the same time later today.... o_O ....

I toured the Graceland Mansion years ago while living near Memphis. We were taken through Elvis's TV room; he had three TVs because, as it was explained, he didn't want to miss any of the networks' evening newscasts.

I toured the Graceland Mansion years ago while living near Memphis. We were taken through Elvis's TV room; he had three TVs because, as it was explained, he didn't want to miss any of the networks' evening newscasts.
we have one really big tv in the living room... ...but it has a lot of features making it possible to monitor mutliple channels or even watch 4 at a time on sectioned screen.. ..... .every room in our house has a tv screen now... even the kitchen.... (not the bathrooms though..)..... the only room with mulitiple tv screens is my sisters office but they are all strictly for business - it would be fun to watch mutiple sports games in there..... but i would probably end up with whiplash turning back and forth to see the action..... 😫

... college softball all day today....🥎 ... the clearwater invitiational is underway in florida... 🏝️.... showing on the espn channels.... and the kajikawa classic is underway at arizona state..🏜️..... showing on the pac12 network.... ..... . was watching games most of the day yesterday and currently watching 2 live games on split screens at the same time right now.... :D....... but both are on a commercial breaks at the moment.... . ....3 games will be on at the same time later today.... o_O ....

Aleshanee, did you play softball growing up? Still playing today?

Aleshanee, did you play softball growing up? Still playing today?
no.... my sister and her best friend played in highschool.... and then that same friend ..who has been one of our room mates for long time now - went on to play in college....(ucla).... she;s the one whose enthusiasm for the game got me started watching softball with her on tv ...and also going to the university of hawaii games with her... same with rugby which she also played on a local team... . ... but i didn;t play any sports growing up..... i was very un-coordinated and accident prone all through my teen years... . disastrously so

so instead of sports i was enrolled in dance classes starting in junior high... then started going to the gym with my dads wife when i was college.... ..both those things helped me a lot... and helped me gain the strength, balance and coordination to do the things i do now... (archery/hunting - surfing - distance bicycling).... but no team sports.... especially not one with fast flying objects thrown or hit at me that i would be expected to catch.... 😲😵‍💫

Last edited:
today is round 2 of the college regional softball tournaments.... 🥎..... all day long!..:D .... i guess you could call it may madness except it doesn;t last all month.... at the moment we have 3 different games up on split screens... ..i will only be here during commercial breaks today... (unless i am in the kitchen making more snacks)..... this must be what basketball fans feel like in march....... :cool:

today is round 2 of the college regional softball tournaments.... 🥎..... all day long!..:D .... i guess you could call it may madness except it doesn;t last all month.... at the moment we have 3 different games up on split screens... ..i will only be here during commercial breaks today... (unless i am in the kitchen making more snacks)..... this must be what basketball fans feel like in march....... :cool:
Who are you rooting for this year?

Who are you rooting for this year?
this time of year we have several favorites depending on which conference they are in..... but it will narrow down to 1 when the college world series starts - depending on who is still in the running....

in the pac12 teams we have a household rivalry... . i am for the arizona state sun devils... but one of my room mates is a solid ucla fan... (she played for them)...

in the acc i am big florida state seminole fan... but my brother in law... (who is out as sea at the moment)... is a die hard clemson fan... right now clemson is playing virginia and the florida state team is waiting in the stands to play notre dame....

for the sec my favorite is the lsu tigers... .. .... and in the big 12 the texas longhorns are our favorite .... texas is actually picked to win it all in the college world series this year - and beat oklahoma twice already last month... :cool:

Last edited:
My granddaughter is pitching for her middle school team. The HS varsity coaches have already taken note of her. She has been working with a private coach the last year or so. This season she’s hit a new level of confidence and is working on developing a change up pitch.

My oldest daughter lives near OKC and the extended family has a dream of going there to visit during the college tournament.

My granddaughter is pitching for her middle school team. The HS varsity coaches have already taken note of her. She has been working with a private coach the last year or so. This season she’s hit a new level of confidence and is working on developing a change up pitch.
that;s awesome...
My oldest daughter lives near OKC and the extended family has a dream of going there to visit during the college tournament.
they always play it there because it has the biggest stadium dedicated to softball of any city..... but now days it;s packed to the gills and sold out from the start of the season.... soon they will need to build a new stadium or make that one bigger... and get it done before another city builds a bigger stadium first and takes the world series from them.... ..... ...hawaii lost the pro-bowl a few years ago due to not acting fast enough to provide a bigger and better stadium.....

it;s on again today.... . the duke blue devils are playing the clemson tigers right now... . after that the florida state seminoles play the georgia tech yellow jackets.... to see who goes to the acc final..... .. and then later today on a different channel the LSU tigers play the missouri state tigers... . (lots of tiger fights today 🐅).... and then on other channels the utah utes will play the standford cardinals...and after that the UCLA bruins will play the arizona wildcats... to see who goes to the pac12 final.... as long as none of them get rained out.... ⛈️🌧️🌦️ ....... also.... forgot to mention the texas longhorns play the baylor bears today too, in ok city... ..... but that;s a big12 tournament and we won;t be able to see that one.... still.... we are hoping the longhorns win....:cool:

there are many more games than this on today.. .. but these are the ones we are most intersted in....gonna be a heavy donut and pizza day... 🍕😋

Last edited:
tomorrow the finals for all 4 conferences will be played..🥎.. first 1 starts at 6 am and the last one ends just after 7 pm.... another take out pizza and dr pepper day...🍕😋🥴.. .. but at least there won;t be more than one game on at the same time.... :cool: