Skinny Whoopi Didn't Plagiarize...

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Nothing "simple" about plagiarism. And we all know that this is the excuse being used though the uproar caused by her lack of honesty in hearings a week or so back because of her lack of backbone in standing against Judaism is most likely the true cause.

Another zinger from USA Today

Harvard's initial review of some of Gay's work found instances of “duplicative language," but that Gay's work didn't rise to the level of misconduct.

This article is from December 11.

Carol Swain: What is bothering me is not just that there’s passages she didn’t put in quotation marks. When I look at her work, I feel like her whole research agenda, her whole career, was based on my work.
Rufo: Throughout the paper, she lifted verbatim passages from others but did not put them in quotation marks. I consulted Harvard’s own plagiarism policy, and these all appear to be clear violations.
Swain: A white male would probably already be gone.

Her resignation announcement:

"This is not a decision I came to easily," Gay wrote in a statement. "But, after consultation with members of the (Harvard) Corporation, it has become clear that it is in the best interests of Harvard for me to resign so that our community can navigate this moment of extraordinary challenge with a focus on the institution rather than any individual."

Translation: "I've been caught dead on right and there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully I can back out quietly."