Champion Baptist Men's B-Ball gets rolled 116-12!

Boomer

Elect
Reaction score
Yes he and his wife are graduates of Hyles.  Had to have been the money and bragging rights to say they played a NCAA college basketball team! Would they even have a chance?

According to the box score, they only made 3 baskets in the whole game while missing most of their free-throws. I think Champion's squad would get whipped by an average public high school team. I'm embarrassed for them.

But they played a Division I team! What other "Christian" college can say that?

I don't have any ax to grind at all in this, but what strikes me is that Eric is being force fed humility here. He has never struck me as a proud man, but ministry accomplishment has snared better men than he. He has always prided himself (in a good sense) on basketball, and on being a champion (duh.) Now he finds his college is the laughingstock of, not just the Baptist world, but the entire sporting world. And he has no choice but to swallow it.

...and that's not a bad thing. I am weary with men in leadership in ministry growing in pride as they grow in success. Humility is the pre-requisite for all kinds of wonderful things, and I'm glad, honestly, that it is coming to him. That means other wonderful things are coming to him as well.

A few minutes into the second half of his team's record-setting 116-12 loss at Southern on Monday night, Champion Baptist College coach Eric Capaci glanced over at the opposing bench with a bemused expression on his face.

Southern already led by nearly 70 points, yet the Jaguars were still trapping and pressing full-court almost every possession.

"I looked over a couple times at their coach, like, 'Are you serious?'" Capaci said. "I was in shock. There's a part of me that felt like I needed to approach him and defend the guys, but then again what do you prove if you blow up and get a technical? I just told the guys during timeouts to keep their heads up and keep playing hard. Let's not fight with elbows and fists and words. Let's fight with heart."

Why complain about running up the score when the whole point of playing a larger school seemed for monetary profit?

Champion Baptist College accepts a few thousand dollars to play a handful of road games against lower-level Division I and II teams each season in order to pay for jerseys, charter buses and other necessities for its basketball program.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/champion-baptist-coach-annoyed-southern-kept-pressing-104-185836593--ncaab.html

Champion Baptist college? How about Chump Baptist college?

Tom Brennan said:
I don't have any ax to grind at all in this, but what strikes me is that Eric is being force fed humility here. He has never struck me as a proud man, but ministry accomplishment has snared better men than he. He has always prided himself (in a good sense) on basketball, and on being a champion (duh.) Now he finds his college is the laughingstock of, not just the Baptist world, but the entire sporting world. And he has no choice but to swallow it.

...and that's not a bad thing. I am weary with men in leadership in ministry growing in pride as they grow in success. Humility is the pre-requisite for all kinds of wonderful things, and I'm glad, honestly, that it is coming to him. That means other wonderful things are coming to him as well.

Yes, he is so humble about his latest basket ball game and God will shower him with blessings.  LOL!!  I'm sorry brother but you are so easy. 

Boomer said:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10219389/southern-jaguars-set-ncaa-record-44-0-start-game-win-116-12

Is Eric Capaci a graduate of HAC? I posted this in the Champion board, but I doubt anyone will see it. What do you guys think?

Eric Capaci is the coach of the team, and their tallest player is 6'3''. They must have gotten paid huge $$ for this baby seal clubbing!

C'mon Eric!

Jerry Jones' ownership/leadership philosophy apparently has at least one disciple.

It's the "just b/c we're a Christian school doesn't mean that we have to have an inferior sports program" attitude.
Reality check time, Eric!