Anyone watch Let's us Prey on ID

While the general consensus seems to be that it'd be all right, I just realized that the two threads are in two different categories. So on second thought, I'll leave them be.

That bit above the category list with the most recent threads can be a blessing and a curse...
Yeah, but it confuses us when we try to make "spoof threads!" :ROFLMAO:

I don't have a television. Is there somewhere online to watch it for free?
You might try using your mobile phone if you can get wifi.

I don't have a television. Is there somewhere online to watch it for free?
Go to Amazon Prime Video, search for Let us Prey, if you have it, You can get a free trial of Discovery or Max and watch it all in one day.

Go to Amazon Prime Video, search for Let us Prey, if you have it, You can get a free trial of Discovery or Max and watch it all in one day.
I DO have Amazon Prime. I'll do that right away. Thanks!

I watched all four episodes just now, in one setting. I hope that what these ladies have done and the convictions that they were able to bring about, will cause future predators in these churches to give pause. While they won't stop being abusive out of moral strength, perhaps they will think twice out fear.

And moreover, maybe due to the attention being heaped upon these independent churches, that the churches themselves will be more congnizent of the possiblity of abuse and that they will be proactive in the future, and that predators in other denominations (and there must certainly be) might somehow learn of this and think twice as victims are beginning to speak up.

Maybe.

PS . . . my sincerest condolences to Nanette, that after going to Hammond, they wouldn't even talk with her and that her rapist seemingly will never pay.

Last edited:
And moreover, maybe due to the attention being heaped upon these independent churches, that the churches themselves will be more congnizent of the possiblity of abuse and that they will be proactive in the future, and that predators in other denominations (and there must certainly be) might somehow learn of this and think twice as victims are beginning to speak up.

Maybe.

PS . . . my sincerest condolences to Nanette, that after going to Hammond, they wouldn't even talk with her and that her rapist seemingly will never pay.
I too share a similar hope but I think as we have seen, apologies for preachers with long hair and NIV Bibles is going to be the only repentance we're likely to see.

Secular society will dog pile on such churches as well they should, but the same people who are rightly indignant about these sins also tell kids they can be whatever gender they choose.

I believe it is time for the Church in the USA to fall on our faces and REPENT.

I too share a similar hope but I think as we have seen, apologies for preachers with long hair and NIV Bibles is going to be the only repentance we're likely to see.

Secular society will dog pile on such churches as well they should, but the same people who are rightly indignant about these sins also tell kids they can be whatever gender they choose.

I believe it is time for the Church in the USA to fall on our faces and REPENT.
It starts with one person - ourselves:)

It starts with one person - ourselves:)
Exactly.

Daniel is one of the few people in scriptures of whom no sins or moral failures are recorded, yet in his prayer of confession in chapter 9, he doesn't exclude himself from what he's praying. Very telling. Along with the way I've been praying, I will be looking more deeply into this prayer very soon.

Exactly.

Daniel is one of the few people in scriptures of whom no sins or moral failures are recorded, yet in his prayer of confession in chapter 9, he doesn't exclude himself from what he's praying. Very telling. Along with the way I've been praying, I will be looking more deeply into this prayer very soon.
Didn't realize that. Great point.

I watched all four episodes just now, in one setting. I hope that what these ladies have done and the convictions that they were able to bring about, will cause future predators in these churches to give pause. While they won't stop being abusive out of moral strength, perhaps they will think twice out fear.

Maybe.

I agree with you. She should at least get an apology from the church.

Okay... having watched this series, here are my initial thoughts:

In the Gaylord case, Jenkins KNEW the history of this person and was NOT at all surprised this happened. This is not uncommon in the IFB world. I, personally, warned a pastor that a predator was attending their church. A young man who exposed himself in the public library and was permanently banned. The IFB pastor across town ignored our advice. I'm not sure if anything actually happened. Pastors usually know backgrounds... or at least in this day and age can find out by a simple web search.

We had a 30 year old man ask for information on our church. I Googled his name and found out he was in an adjacent state and was leaving because he spent time in prison for sexual molestation of a minor. He never showed up at our church because I told him I knew.

Unfortunately, in another situation, a convicted, imprisoned and released pedophile was allowed to take leadership role in a IFB church we attended. We left.

While you cannot be guaranteed that a person in your church is not secretly acting on their perversions, I am noticing a trend... Pastors who allow for pedophiles to continue worshipping in their churches are culpable. They should be held personally liable, not just the church. They should be incarcerated right next to the pedophile.

I was on staff in a few of these IFB churches. One thing that stands out... every IFB church we were in, there was at least one pedophile, if not two. Only in ONE IFB church we drafted a safety covenant for our people to deal with the pedophiles and stood by it. No secrets were kept.

I attend an IFB church my pastor does not allow anyone to harm a child/adult. He screens people and is not afraid of speaking out on this . Early in his ministry he faced this in Michigan and left the church.

I attend an IFB church my pastor does not allow anyone to harm a child/adult. He screens people and is not afraid of speaking out on this . Early in his ministry he faced this in Michigan and left the church.
Well said. I looked over the reviews and such of this documentary and one thing I kept seeing was this idea that all IFB churches are like this. I even began to question why I am so grateful for my history in the movement. I had to remind myself that I was reading about the ones who failed. I had been grounded in something good and I am still continuing in the faith because of the foundation I received. Thank you for the reminder.

This is not uncommon in the IFB world.
Why is that? Is it because predators seek out IFB churches? And if so, is it because an independent church is an unaccountable church?

(Genuine questions, btw)

Why is that? Is it because predators seek out IFB churches? And if so, is it because an independent church is an unaccountable church?

(Genuine questions, btw)
Let me start out by saying that I think it is unfair for the series to use such a broad brush on IFB. Predators seek out all churches, no matter the denomination.. so, here are some specific IFB church failings:

1) Man of God syndrome: Many IFB preachers have an exaggerated (ie abusive) understanding of the phrase "man of God" as it pertains to their leadership. They view themselves as above the sheep in their church. As such, when a crisis comes, they take the lazy way out and tell people to shut their mouths or not to believe facts... even those settled in court.

2) Fear of losing members: Predators are often family members. They are also, usually well-connected to a number of people in a church. Making their abuse public will most likely cause people to leave. We lost a dozen people when we had to remove a predator from membership and when we made their sin public.

These are some initial thoughts...

Let me start out by saying that I think it is unfair for the series to use such a broad brush on IFB. Predators seek out all churches, no matter the denomination.. so, here are some specific IFB church failings:

My church isn't IFB, but they had a youth leader in the 1970s and 1980s that preyed on young boys. He was convicted around 2000. He's probably the reason our youth program has such strict protective measures now (background checks for volunteers, a check in/out system for Sunday school kids, etc.).

Sexual abuse by authority figures was not something that was talked about at the time, but society is generally more open about addressing it now. My gut feeling is that the difference is, IFBs (and a few others) would rather not be open about it.

1) Man of God syndrome: Many IFB preachers have an exaggerated (ie abusive) understanding of the phrase "man of God" as it pertains to their leadership. They view themselves as above the sheep in their church. As such, when a crisis comes, they take the lazy way out and tell people to shut their mouths or not to believe facts... even those settled in court.

2) Fear of losing members: Predators are often family members. They are also, usually well-connected to a number of people in a church. Making their abuse public will most likely cause people to leave. We lost a dozen people when we had to remove a predator from membership and when we made their sin public.

These are some initial thoughts...
As the leader of this forum, I'm glad to see you say this. It is NOT fair to paint all IFB people with this brush. This is the problem I have with "The Preacher Boys": they make it seem that all IFB people are like this. And they are not. The church I grew up in certainly wasn't.

My two older girls married biological brothers in an IFB church that their little family cult took over. The cult thing is hindsight, though at the time I wasn't excited about my girls' choices, and the knot of toads they married into knew it.

I came to refer to the matriarch quite openly and accurately as the Swollen Toad Queen of Narcissus.

After a particularly traumatic event in which I could have had the kids arrested, there became something of a feud, because I refused to allow my youngest to have any contact with them.

There was another ruckus in which I was the one arrested and charged with domestic violence because it involved my son in law. (Handcuffed, paddy wagon, jail, mugshot, printed, booked...the works.) A humorous aside, someone had scratched into the wall of the wagon, I didn't choose the thug life, it chose me.

Just so you know, I prevailed in the state and municipal trials. I have a clean record, and I'm licensed to carry concealed firearms.

In all this strife, their ecclesiastical inbred little cult hired a youth pastor who turned out to be a registered sex offender for oral copulation with a thirteen yr old girl. He began an affair with one of the toads, and this is where you go, huh? This chick has AIDS, needs a lung transplant, and is an emaciated bag of bones on oxygen in a wheelchair.

She survived COVID (Why, God?) but I digress....

The perv left his wife, married the hag, and lives with my oldest daughter and her kids.

Needless to say, these events magnified the defects in my already bad match, and in no small part contributed to its dissolution.

Which ministries were discussed in the documentary? Multiple comments on this thread have referred to "six IFB ministries," but only three have been named: First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana; Grace Baptist Church of Gaylord, Michigan; and Faith Baptist Church of Wildomar, California.

Can someone provide me the names of the other three churches exposed?

Which ministries were discussed in the documentary? Multiple comments on this thread have referred to "six IFB ministries," but only three have been named: First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana; Grace Baptist Church of Gaylord, Michigan; and Faith Baptist Church of Wildomar, California.

Can someone provide me the names of the other three churches exposed?
I'm only halfway through the series. They talk of abusive boarding schools too. Agape here in Missouri, and Lester Roloff's deal, I can't remember the name.