Allright allright! We'll recognize 'gay' marriage. Can everyone just be happy now?

Ekklesian

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Not quite

Same-sex couples and singles, no matter their sexual orientation, now qualify as infertile.
That is, at least, according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, whose guidelines now redefine infertility to include anyone who needs “donor eggs, sperm, or embryo to conceive as a couple or individual.”
You read that right: Under this official new definition, any individual who prefers not to reproduce naturally is “infertile.”
The guidelines recently released by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine go on to say that “nothing in this definition shall be used to deny or delay treatment to any individual, regardless of relationship status or sexual orientation.”
Not even biology, which requires a man and a woman to conceive a child, matters when it comes to fulfilling the desires of adults.
This is a massive break with medical science and natural law.
The redefinition goes far beyond ASRM’s desire for inclusive language. It’s designed to get health insurance companies to cover the cost of infertility treatments for those who—by sexual lifestyle or simple preference—don’t satisfy the natural prerequisites for reproducing.

Playing along isn't enough anymore. It never really was.

...the United Kingdom is now telling government employees that they must actually “believe” in the “transgender” delusions flooding the workplace with cray-cray. That’s right: it is no longer enough to merely play along with someone’s unhealthy fantasies. Using an unbalanced person’s “preferred pronouns” does not sufficiently demonstrate one’s submission to the coercive State. If you want to keep your government job in the U.K., you must commit yourself to “thinking of the person as being the gender that they want you to think of them as.” That virtue-signaling, shared madness even requires a dogmatic faith in biologically impossible things — such as the government’s assertions that men can go through menopause and have babies!
How widespread is the “transgender” delusion today? When asked bluntly whether a man can say, “Abracadabra” and magically transform into a woman, Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley — hailing from conservative South Carolina — couldn’t decide what to say. That is the corrosive influence the left’s delusions have on even those who should know better.

I didn't take the link as stating that. The introductory sentence says, "ICO Staff can support trans colleagues or individuals who are transitioning by;"

It was a memo about what one can do to support one who is transitioning, not a mandate to control individual thinking.

It is true trans women cannot experience menopause but some can experience menstruation.

I don't see how recognizing people as they wish to be recognized is a problem. If someone wants to be recognized as a furry or alien, so what? Doesn't affect me one way or the other (no matter how crazy I think their self-identification seems to me).

BTW, the UK doesn't even legally recognize non-binary folks which would include intersex individuals who are born with both genitalia.

"Non-binary genders are not recognised in UK law. The Gender Recognition Act 2004 (GRA) enables a person to change the sex recorded on their birth certificate, either from male to female or vice versa. It makes no provision for the recognition of any other gender."

Last edited:
"

Do trans women have periods?

Many trans women have periods. Some trans women don’t have uteruses, so they won’t bleed as part of a monthly menstrual cycle. But the hormonal experience of menstruation can still be very real.

Some trans women undergo gender-affirming treatment in the form of feminising hormones. These hormones can result in a range of physical and emotional symptoms, including:

• Anxiety
  • Appetite changes
  • Bloating due to water retention
  • Cramping
  • Tiredness and fatigue
  • Listlessness
  • Mood swings
These symptoms may occur at the same time each month, just like premenstrual syndrome (PMS). For many trans women, this is their period.

Having a period feels totally normal and fine for many trans women. Some even find it deeply cathartic and validating. But if your period symptoms are upsetting you, chat with your doctor about adjusting your hormonal regime so that it doesn’t trigger a noticeable cycle. "

Having symptoms similar to those that are experienced by menstruating women does not mean that person is menstruating.

Bingo. Menstruation is the regular shedding of the uterine lining because pregnancy has not taken place.

Since trans "women" are men, they don't have a uterus, and hence by definition they do not have periods. What they have are side effects from taking hormones that are alien to their physiology.

I didn't take the link as stating that. The introductory sentence says, "ICO Staff can support trans colleagues or individuals who are transitioning by;"

It was a memo about what one can do to support one who is transitioning, not a mandate to control individual thinking.
What do you think happens to the employee who says, "I don't think this is right or supportive,"?

Isaiah 45:9-10

9Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker—
one clay pot among many.
Does the clay ask the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘He has no hands’?

10Woe to him who says to his father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to his mother,
‘What have you brought forth?’ ”
Romans 1:21-25
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and darkened in their foolish hearts. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity for the dishonoring of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is forever worthy of praise! Amen.

BTW, the UK doesn't even legally recognize non-binary folks which would include intersex individuals who are born with both genital

Intersex people have chromosomal abnormalities that, amongst.other things, may render the appearance of their sexual characteristics ambiguous. They are, nonetheless, still measurably either male or female. For example, Klinefelter syndrome (XXY chromosomes) affects only males, while triple-X syndrome (Trisomy X) affects only females. There is no continuum or third sex other than male or female that intersex people inhabit.

Transgender activists want to exploit intersexuality because they think it gives their imaginary gender identities (like the nonexistent "non-binary") a veneer of legitimacy.

I don't see how recognizing people as they wish to be recognized is a problem. If someone wants to be recognized as a furry or alien, so what? Doesn't affect me one way or the other

If I'm expected to go along with their self-identification, then it self-evidently affects me. Even more so if the self-identification is fictitious, as I'm being told to participate in a lie. If you're not an anthropomorphic cartoon animal or an alien or "non-binary" (and you aren't) you have no moral right to expect me to join your game of pretend. Same goes for using "your" pronouns.

What do you think happens to the employee who says, "I don't think this is right or supportive,"?
I would guess what happens would depend whether or not the one who disagrees is acting with hostility or not.

In the 3 redneck plants that I work for within our company, some plant folks aren't too keen on the trans or even gay fellow employees so as long as the matter doesn't become a point of contention (despite our DEI and mandatory cultural classes), they are allowed to believe what they choose, so long as they do their jobs.

The link you posted was about the UK so I can't speak for their situation, but I didn't see where an employee would be fired for not supporting another employee's lifestyle. Can you provide documentation of that? If not, it can only be speculation on your part.

If I'm expected to go along with their self-identification, then it self-evidently affects me. Even more so if the self-identification is fictitious, as I'm being told to participate in a lie. If you're not an anthropomorphic cartoon animal or an alien or "non-binary" (and you aren't) you have no moral right to expect me to join your game of pretend. Same goes for using "your" pronouns.
And there it is. It is always about you and YOUR privilege and never about the care of (or at the very least, kindness toward) another individual. :)

Isaiah 45:9-10

9Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker—
one clay pot among many.
Does the clay ask the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘He has no hands’?

10Woe to him who says to his father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to his mother,
‘What have you brought forth?’ ”
Romans 1:21-25
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and darkened in their foolish hearts. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity for the dishonoring of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is forever worthy of praise! Amen.

Glad to see you are against corrective lenses and artificial limbs for those born as amputees. ;)

FYI, Isaiah is a part of the Nevi'im which makes up part of the Tanakh, one of the divisions of the Hebrew Bible. Remember how Jews would do their best to keep the law to the letter? Then why didn't their hermeneutic interpret such verses as dealing with trans folks and instead accept up to 7 of 8 different genders in Judaism, specifically if they were keeping to the law so precisely?

And Romans? Might want to learn some context. Here is an introduction to the context but by no means comprehensive.

I don't see how recognizing people as they wish to be recognized is a problem. If someone wants to be recognized as a furry or alien, so what? Doesn't affect me one way or the other (no matter how crazy I think their self-identification seems to me).
LOL. See the OP.

I would guess what happens would depend whether or not the one who disagrees is acting with hostility or not.

In the 3 redneck plants that I work for within our company, some plant folks aren't too keen on the trans or even gay fellow employees so as long as the matter doesn't become a point of contention (despite our DEI and mandatory cultural classes), they are allowed to believe what they choose, so long as they do their jobs.

The link you posted was about the UK so I can't speak for their situation, but I didn't see where an employee would be fired for not supporting another employee's lifestyle. Can you provide documentation of that? If not, it can only be speculation on your part.
They'd be canned, and you know it. So it is a mandate.