Wednesday Service at Campus Church

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Mrs. abcaines and I attended the Campus Church at PCC last night.

HUGE difference from what I remember... Not only in the facilities but the whole atmosphere. Almost NO ONE was wearing a tie! I think Mrs. Caines was the only lady wearing slacks but then, I don't think she really stood out.

We were greeted by one of the staff pastors and he engaged us warmly. I told him what we were up to and how we had our Goldwing with us (parked at the campground). He said that Pastor Redlin rides a Goldwing! 🤯😎 I saw him sitting not far away so I went to talk to him. Very warm conversation... His Goldwing is very similar to mine. 😎

The sermon was about battling depression. I was blown away. A very different approach to the subject than one would expect from an IFB church. Not a bad approach. The speaker was careful to differentiate between clinical depression and setting up one's self for depression as he taught Elijah did in 1 Kings 19.

PCC is definitely moving towards a more community oriented approach to ministry. They are holding an event to support the local Ronald McDonald House, of all things, soon.

Check out their website and see for yourself.

Overall, it was a very positive experience and I'm glad we went.

I did not know that PCC was a Baptist college or that the church (which is controlled by the college) was IFB.

I did not know that PCC was a Baptist college or that the church (which is controlled by the college) was IFB.
My understanding has always been that PCC is basically a Baptist institution though they never used the name Baptist. A lot of their support comes from Baptists and they teach Baptist doctrine.

Arlin Horton, who is still alive, is a central figure in everything PCC related. The Campus Church is located on the PCC campus. When we pulled up, a security guard inquired where we were going and as soon as I said Campus Church, she allowed me to enter the campus.

When I refer to PCC as IFB, I am referring to the church, the college and the Christian school all under the same doctrinal/philosophical umbrella. Their beliefs are Baptist, fundamental and they aren't not part of any denominational board.

In past iterations of the FFF, the status of the Campus Church's designation as a legitimate local church has been debated.

Back