The Difference Between True and False Prophecy

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
This lady discovered a book written by a man she says was a Christian originally written in 1890 and she believes he may have been inspired by the Holy Spirit when writing about Baron Trump whose father would be the last President of the United States. Though there seems to be some uncanny similarities between the book and present day politics, it can’t be compared to Bible prophecy in which prophecies were fulfilled in detail hundreds and even thousands of years in advance. I use to have a book on the prophecies of Nostradamus and all the things he wrote about sound similar to a modern fortune teller. Nostradamus talked about earthquakes, plagues, wars, and other things found in the Bible but written in such a vague way that one could make the prophecies mean just about anything one wanted them to.

The Bible contains approximately 3,856 verses that deal with prophecy and no other book in the world religious or otherwise deals with prophecies in detail of future events hundreds of years in advance which makes the Bible stand alone. There were 351 prophecies fulfilled in Jesus Christ from the Old Testament (https://www.newtestamentchristians....stament-prophecies-fulfilled-in-jesus-christ/) plus numerous other prophecies concerning the Jews and their regathering to their homeland in the last days that would lead up to the battle of Armageddon and the return of Jesus Christ to the earth. The focus will not be on Ukraine in the last days but on Jerusalem when Christ returns.

Zechariah 14:1-21 ESV
Behold, a day is coming for the Lord, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him. ...

Charismatics and Dispensationalists have the opposite problem.

Charismatics believe everything is foretold by their prophets. If that were the case, we'd need our own fleet of trucks just to take our Bibles to church.

Dispensationalists, on the other hand, every time there's a world-shaking sociopolitical event, rush to Zechariah 14.

They are equally false.

When Jesus returns, will He really be riding a white horse?
Did God really create the world in six days?

Did God really create man from the dust of the earth?

Was there really a Garden of Eden?

Was there really a worldwide flood?

Was the Red Sea really divided?

Did God really promise promise Abraham the land given from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (south to north) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (west to east)?

Did God really promise that the offspring of Israel would not cease to exist as a nation forever as long as there is a sun, moon and stars in the sky (Jer 31:35-36)?

Did God really promise that he would regather the Jews to their homeland never to be driven out again (Amos 9:14-15)?

Did Charles Spurgeon really predict that the Jews would be regathered to their homeland a hundred years before the event came about after Israel had been a dead nation for over 2000 years?

Did God really say the Book of Revelation is about future events (Rev 1:3), not about something that occurred in A.D. 70?

Symbolism – Like and as is used throughout the Book of Revelation and shows us where passages should be taken literally. This is in contrast to the Genesis account. The language of the Bible is rich with metaphors. The Biblical writers used familiar, everyday objects to symbolize spiritual truth. Symbols are common in the poetic and prophetic portions of the Bible but the Bible should be interpreted normally – like any other book.

Here is a simple rule I got from somewhere. If the literal meaning of a passage leads to obvious absurdity, but a figurative meaning yields clarity, then the passage is probably using symbols. For example, in Exodus, God tells Israel, “I carried you on eagles’ wings.” A literal reading of this statement would lead to absurdity – God did not use real eagles to airlift His people out of Egypt. The statement is obviously symbolic; God emphasizing the speed and strength with which He delivered Israel. Another rule of biblical interpretation is a symbol will have a non-symbolic meaning. In other words, there is something real (a real person or historical event) behind every figure of speech.

The nations lining up against Israel fall right in line with the nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and 39 in the last days. You have every right to dismiss all the signs pointing to the soon return of Jesus Christ to the earth to reign for a thousand years but that doesn’t make one a heretic who takes Revelation 20 literally.

Did the servant of Elisha really see the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha (2 Kings 6:17) or was that just a metaphor? I don’t set dates but I believe based upon Bible prophecy we are close to the events described in the Book of Revelation. Even so come Lord Jesus!

Last edited:
I must be missing something here - after watching the video about the "Baron Trump Collection," I see no evidence of Holy Spirit inspiration of that book nor any connection with Zechariah 14.

Every 4 years, there are prophecies about how our upcoming American election will be the last one, or this will be the last President, or the election will be canceled. Since these prophecies never seem to come true, I would be very cautious about ascribing them to the Holy Spirit.

Ingersoll Lockwood's book seems to be very concerned about political questions about the gold standard and the money supply, which were a main issue in the McKinley/Bryan election campaign in 1896, and which inspired William Jennings Bryan's famous "Cross of Gold" speech that year, which advocated inflation of the money supply in order to help the debtor classes. I'm not sure what is the connection between that dispute and Trump's current presidential campaign, but debates about the money supply have been an ongoing controversy in America from the 1790s to the present time, so any similarity between 1890s politics and those of today is not particularly "uncanny."

For those who want to research the Lockwood book further, here are some resources:

I must be missing something here - after watching the video about the "Baron Trump Collection," I see no evidence of Holy Spirit inspiration of that book nor any connection with Zechariah 14.

Every 4 years, there are prophecies about how our upcoming American election will be the last one, or this will be the last President, or the election will be canceled. Since these prophecies never seem to come true, I would be very cautious about ascribing them to the Holy Spirit.

Ingersoll Lockwood's book seems to be very concerned about political questions about the gold standard and the money supply, which were a main issue in the McKinley/Bryan election campaign in 1896, and which inspired William Jennings Bryan's famous "Cross of Gold" speech that year, which advocated inflation of the money supply in order to help the debtor classes. I'm not sure what is the connection between that dispute and Trump's current presidential campaign, but debates about the money supply have been an ongoing controversy in America from the 1790s to the present time, so any similarity between 1890s politics and those of today is not particularly "uncanny."

For those who want to research the Lockwood book further, here are some resources:

I agree with you 100%

Did God really promise promise Abraham the land given from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (south to north) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (west to east)?

Did God really promise that the offspring of Israel would not cease to exist as a nation forever as long as there is a sun, moon and stars in the sky (Jer 31:35-36)?

Did God really promise that he would regather the Jews to their homeland never to be driven out again (Amos 9:14-15)?

Did Charles Spurgeon really predict that the Jews would be regathered to their homeland a hundred years before the event came about after Israel had been a dead nation for over 2000 years?

Did God really say the Book of Revelation is about future events (Rev 1:3), not about something that occurred in A.D. 70?

Symbolism – Like and as is used throughout the Book of Revelation and shows us where passages should be taken literally. This is in contrast to the Genesis account. The language of the Bible is rich with metaphors. The Biblical writers used familiar, everyday objects to symbolize spiritual truth. Symbols are common in the poetic and prophetic portions of the Bible but the Bible should be interpreted normally – like any other book.

Here is a simple rule I got from somewhere. If the literal meaning of a passage leads to obvious absurdity, but a figurative meaning yields clarity, then the passage is probably using symbols. For example, in Exodus, God tells Israel, “I carried you on eagles’ wings.” A literal reading of this statement would lead to absurdity – God did not use real eagles to airlift His people out of Egypt. The statement is obviously symbolic; God emphasizing the speed and strength with which He delivered Israel. Another rule of biblical interpretation is a symbol will have a non-symbolic meaning. In other words, there is something real (a real person or historical event) behind every figure of speech.

The nations lining up against Israel fall right in line with the nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and 39 in the last days. You have every right to dismiss all the signs pointing to the soon return of Jesus Christ to the earth to reign for a thousand years but that doesn’t make one a heretic who takes Revelation 20 literally.

Did the servant of Elisha really see the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha (2 Kings 6:17) or was that just a metaphor? I don’t set dates but I believe based upon Bible prophecy we are close to the events described in the Book of Revelation. Even so come Lord Jesus!
So what happens to the horse once He gets here? Is He going to stable it? Will it eat hay? Who gets tasked with scooping its poop? Does that go to the least in the Kingdom of Heaven, or to the greatest?

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant, enter thou into my stable and scoop my horse's poop for a thousand years."

Note your little bait-and-switch here. You start off by asking five questions for which the answer is a plain "yes," given that the language you use is taken directly from the Bible.

Then you go on to ask three further, more complex questions, without any acknowledgment that they're different in style and kind. This is the loaded question fallacy, because like the first five questions, you are expecting a straightforward yes answer, even though the questions are not straightforward, unless you first buy into your Dispensationalist presuppositions.

First off, you assume the "river of Egypt" means the Nile, but the Bible never says that. So "no" may very well be the correct answer to this question. (Even though the Bible repeatedly and explicitly declares that God kept all the land promises, at no time did Israel ever possess the territory to the east of the Nile.)

Even assuming that much for the sake of argument, the answer to this question is "Yes, but..." As I said, this is a loaded question that carries some unstated baggage with it: that a) God promised that land to Abraham; and b) therefore it was to be the possession of Israel unconditionally. Which is not true.

Obviously, the Jews as an ethnicity continue to exist to this day. Again, though, this loaded question is answered, "Yes, but..." because of your unstated presupposition that the present-day, secular nation of Israel fulfills that promise.

"Yes, but..." first, the promise applies only to the faithful remnant of the Israelites, not to disobedient ones. God will sift the nation, saving the grain and rejecting the pebbles, all those who see nothing in Israel's past that is morally alarming (vv. 8-10). Second, James, inspired by the Holy Spirit, cited this passage at the Jerusalem council (Acts 15:16-17), seeing its fulfillment in the remnant of faithful Gentiles joining the remnant of faithful Jews in the New Covenant. It's not exclusively an eschatological promise, but a messianic one: God's promise is to all those of any ethnicity who form a new kingdom under the true Davidic king, Jesus.

I'm closer in my beliefs to Charles Spurgeon than you are, and I wouldn't imply he was a prophet, just because he believed (as many covenant theologians do) that God has a future plan for the children of Israel. Yeah, hath Charles said? LOL.

Is anyone here really a preterist, or are you just posting macros from your hard drive, regardless of their actual applicability to the thread?

Is the covenant nation really a pregnant woman clothed with the sun (Rev. 12:1)?

As with all your other rhetorical questions, I guess it depends on what you mean by "really."

Ransom, I believe Dispensationalism vs Reformed Theology is similar to Calvinism and Arminianism. There is a paradox in scripture that can’t be explained perfectly. Charles Spurgeon was a died-in-the wool Calvinist but you don’t find in his sermons a lack of concern for souls because of the fact that the Bible teaches those who are saved were chosen before the foundation of the world or the fact that no man can come to Christ unless the Father draws him. I don’t believe you can find any man in church history who was more evangelistic that Charles Spurgeon. While Calvinists emphasize the sovereignty of God in salvation, Arminianians emphasze the free will of man to believe. Both are true but we can’t reconcile all these things this side of heaven.

When it comes to whether the Church has replaced Israel, some verses can be seen implying that but there are other verses strongly implying that God is not through with the Jews as a nation. The respect Spurgeon had for John Wesley is a good example of how Christians can disagree on certain things in scripture without going to seed on a particular doctrine and going nuclear in condemning those with a different understanding. John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul would be another good example of how Christians can disagree without being disagreeable.

The Jews who make up no more than 0.2% of the world population has had more binding resolutions condemning them as a nation than all other other countries in the world combined. There have been tens of thousands of missiles launched at Israel and it never ceases. And yet the whole world is blaming Israel for all the conflict in the Middle East. A hasty study of history will show any honest person that the persecution of the Jews as a people is unprecedented. I believe the unparalleled hatred we are seeing worldwide against the Jewish people is proof that God exists. I can find no other explanation for it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you see it that way.
Paragraph 1: about Spurgeon's evangelism. I didn't remark on Spurgeon's evangelism.

Paragraph 2: about so-called "replacement theology" and Christians getting along with one another. I didn't remark on so-called "replacement theology" or Christians getting along.

Paragraph 3: about the persecution of the Jews. I didn't remark on the persecution of the Jews.

I see it that way because it's the truth. You sidestepped what I actually said in favour of irrelevant speechifying.

What I addressed was the intellectual dishonesty of your bait-and-switch tactics. Care to answer what I said, rather than what you wish I said?

First off, you assume the "river of Egypt" means the Nile, but the Bible never says that.

I, in common with many commentators, understand the River of Egypt to be the Wadi El-Arish, not the Nile. Whatever the River of Egypt was, God's promise to give the Israelites the land as far west as the River of Egypt was fulfilled in ancient times:

"This is the inheritance of the children of Judah according to their families. . . . Ashdod with her towns and her villages, Gaza with her towns and her villages, unto the river of Egypt, and the great sea, and the border thereof." - Joshua 15:20, 47

"And at that time Solomon held a feast, and all Israel with him, a great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt, before the LORD our God." - 1 Kings 8:65

Did God really promise promise Abraham the land given from the Nile River in Egypt

As I understand it, no, God did not really promise Abraham all the land as far west as the Nile. But whatever the extent of the land that God promised to Abraham's descendants, it is clear that God kept and literally fulfilled that promise, Joshua 21:43-45, Nehemiah 9:7-8, 23. That eliminates the need for present-day or future Israel to be given all the land east of the 4000 mile long eastern bank of the Nile, including large portions of modern-day Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Uganda.

The Jews who make up no more than 0.2% of the world population has had more binding resolutions condemning them as a nation than all other other countries in the world combined. There have been tens of thousands of missiles launched at Israel and it never ceases. And yet the whole world is blaming Israel for all the conflict in the Middle East. A hasty study of history will show any honest person that the persecution of the Jews as a people is unprecedented. I believe the unparalleled hatred we are seeing worldwide against the Jewish people is proof that God exists. I can find no other explanation for it.
First, we have to concede to the point made by Paul, that he is NOT a Jew who is outwardly circumcised. Circumcision is of the heart, not of the flesh.

Second, we need to make a distinction between those of Hebrew descent and of the Jews. I'm going to use the word Hebrew when I speak of those who identify racially as Jews, and I'm going to use the word Jew to speak of those who call themselves Jews, or, the Circumcision.

I'm going to ask you to do the same instead of arbitrarily applying your shifting defintions of race and covenant whenever convenient to slander me, the Reformers, and the church fathers. Because being a Jew is not a racial thing. It's a religious thing. The Scriptures are quite clear as pointed out here.

But I'll expand on that a little more:

Old Testament
Exodus 12
New Testament
Ephesians 2, Philippians 3
And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD,That at that time ye were without Christ, being ... strangers from the covenants of promise...
let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it;But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Did you see that?

1728920615246.png

See it yet?

1728920783246.png

Believers in Christ are the true Circumcision. They are the true Jews. Hebrews aren't half-Jews, as if they are partly Jewish by birth. It's circumcision that makes one a Jew not one's birth, and that was true from the moment of their birth as a nation, which was a foreshadowing of the birth of the church.

It couldn't be more clear.

It's a perversion of the Jews that insist their lineage according to the flesh is favored. Of whom did Abraham descend, but from an uncircumcised nation of idolaters?

Now, what do the apostles say of those who say they are Jews, but are not really Jews; that is, those who say their circumcision made with hands makes them heirs of the Covenant, and favored of God?

John called them the Synagogue of Satan.

Paul called them dogs, evil workers, the concision.

Why? Because it is an antichrist doctrine, and they are antichrist who preach it.

And that is the doctrine behind Zionism. The establishment of contemporary Israel is a work of Satan, not of God. And even if the argument could be made, that some thread of Sinai, some jot or tittle is still in effect (because it would have to be for circumcision made with hands to mean something) , there is no promise to gather a people who are yet in rebellion against God.

Last edited:
"First, we have to concede to the point made by Paul, that he is NOT a Jew who is outwardly circumcised. Circumcision is of the heart, not of the flesh.
Second, we need to make a distinction between those of Hebrew descent and of the Jews. I'm going to use the word Hebrew when I speak of those who identify racially as Jews, and I'm going to use the word Jew to speak of those who call themselves Jews, or, the Circumcision.
I'm going to ask you to do the same instead of arbitrarily applying your shifting definitions of race and covenant whenever convenient to slander me, the Reformers, and the church fathers. Because being a Jew is not a racial thing. It's a religious thing."

Only in modern politically correct dictionaries will you find “race” being transformed into “nation.” When you fill out a job application and are asked what “race” you are, it isn’t referring to where you are from, but your ethnicity. The Bible defines “race” as the “stock” someone comes from. The Jews come from the stock of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 13:26) and well before Darwin came out with his Origin of the Species race had always been defined as the lineage one came from. In Daniel Webster’s Dictionary (1828) “race" was defined as:

RACE, n. [L. radix and radius having the same original. This word coincides in origin with rod, ray, radiate, &c.]

1. The lineage of a family, or continued series of descendants from a parent who is called the stock. A race is the series of descendants indefinitely. Thus all mankind are called the race of Adam; the Israelites are of the race of Abraham and Jacob. Thus we speak of a race of kings, the race of Clovis or Charlemagne; a race of nobles, &c. Hence the long race of Alban fathers come.

2. A generation; a family of descendants. A race of youthful and unhandled colts.

3. A particular breed; as a race of mules; a race of horses; a race of sheep.

In 2000 the National Institutes of Health did a major study on the genetics of dispersed Jews around the world and found that:

“Most Jewish populations were not significantly different from one another at the genetic level. The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish communities during and after the Diaspora. Jewish religion and culture can be traced back to Semitic tribes that lived in the Middle East approximately 4,000 years ago.

These Jewish communities are more closely related to each other and to other Middle Eastern Semitic populations—Palestinians, Syrians, and Druze—than to their neighboring non-Jewish populations in the Diaspora. A low rate of intermarriage between Diaspora Jews and local gentiles was the key reason for this continuity. Since the Jews first settled in Europe more than 50 generations ago, the intermarriage rate was estimated to be only about 0.5% in each generation.

The Y-chromosome signatures of the Yemenite Jews are also similar to those of other Jewish and Semitic populations. In contrast, the paternal gene pool of Ethiopian Jews (Black Jews) more closely resembles that of non-Jewish Ethiopian men.

In other words the “Black Jews” are probably Jewish proselytes. God has preserved the Jews as a separate race and it doesn’t matter if you call God a racist or not. Ezekiel 36:21-36 explains why God has preserved them and put them back in their homeland never to be driven out again and that is:

Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
Eze 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Quit looking at Ukraine because in the last days before Jesus returns all eyes will be on Jerusalem.

Last edited:
"First, we have to concede to the point made by Paul, that he is NOT a Jew who is outwardly circumcised. Circumcision is of the heart, not of the flesh.
I'm going to ask you to do the same instead of arbitrarily applying your shifting definitions of race and covenant whenever convenient to slander me, the Reformers, and the church fathers. Because being a Jew is not a racial thing. It's a religious thing."

Only in modern politically correct dictionaries will you find “race” being transformed into “nation.” When you fill out a job application and are asked what “race” you are, it isn’t referring to where you are from, but your ethnicity. The Bible defines “race” as the “stock” someone comes from. The Jews come from the stock of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 13:26) and well before Darwin came out with his Origin of the Species race had always been defined as the lineage one came from. In Daniel Webster’s Dictionary (1828) “race" was defined as:

RACE, n. [L. radix and radius having the same original. This word coincides in origin with rod, ray, radiate, &c.]

1. The lineage of a family, or continued series of descendants from a parent who is called the stock. A race is the series of descendants indefinitely. Thus all mankind are called the race of Adam; the Israelites are of the race of Abraham and Jacob. Thus we speak of a race of kings, the race of Clovis or Charlemagne; a race of nobles, &c. Hence the long race of Alban fathers come.

2. A generation; a family of descendants. A race of youthful and unhandled colts.

3. A particular breed; as a race of mules; a race of horses; a race of sheep.

In 2000 the National Institutes of Health did a major study on the genetics of dispersed Jews around the world and found that:

“Most Jewish populations were not significantly different from one another at the genetic level. The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish communities during and after the Diaspora. Jewish religion and culture can be traced back to Semitic tribes that lived in the Middle East approximately 4,000 years ago.

These Jewish communities are more closely related to each other and to other Middle Eastern Semitic populations—Palestinians, Syrians, and Druze—than to their neighboring non-Jewish populations in the Diaspora. A low rate of intermarriage between Diaspora Jews and local gentiles was the key reason for this continuity. Since the Jews first settled in Europe more than 50 generations ago, the intermarriage rate was estimated to be only about 0.5% in each generation.

The Y-chromosome signatures of the Yemenite Jews are also similar to those of other Jewish and Semitic populations. In contrast, the paternal gene pool of Ethiopian Jews (Black Jews) more closely resembles that of non-Jewish Ethiopian men.
Neither give heed to ... endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. - 1 Timothy 1:4

But avoid ... genealogies ... for they are unprofitable and vain. - Titus 3:9

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; ... hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; - Acts 17:24, 26

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. ... So now you Gentiles are no longer ... foreigners. You are citizens [of Israel]. . - Ephesians 2:14, 19 NLT

In other words the “Black Jews” are probably Jewish proselytes. God has preserved the Jews as a separate race and it doesn’t matter if you call God a racist or not. Ezekiel 36:21-36 explains why God has preserved them and put them back in their homeland never to be driven out again and that is:

Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
Eze 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
Question beg much?

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. - Philippians 3:2-3 KJV

Quit looking at Ukraine because in the last days before Jesus returns all eyes will be on Jerusalem.
Who said anything about Ukraine? And Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children, is the synagogue of Satan.

Neither give heed to ... endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. - 1 Timothy 1:4

But avoid ... genealogies ... for they are unprofitable and vain. - Titus 3:9

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; ... hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; - Acts 17:24, 26

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. ... So now you Gentiles are no longer ... foreigners. You are citizens [of Israel]. . - Ephesians 2:14, 19 NLT

Question beg much?

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. - Philippians 3:2-3 KJV

Who said anything about Ukraine? And Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children, is the synagogue of Satan.
You are free to believe what you will.

In the New Testament we find that ethnic Jews and Gentiles are on an equal basis of favor before God - see John 10:16, Romans 9:7-8, 30-31, Galatians 3:7, 28-29, 6:16, Ephesians 2:11-19, Philippians 3:3, 1 Peter 2:9-10, etc.

There is nothing really new about this - the Old Testament teaches likewise: "Behold, the days come saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised; Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in heart." - Jeremiah 9:25-26

"Are ye not as the children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the Lord. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?" - Amos 9:7

"In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance." - Isaiah 19:24-25

See also Amos 1 and 2, where God threatens punishment for the transgressions of Israel and Judah, on the same basis as He threatens punishment on Damascus, Gaza, Ashdod, Tyrus, Edom, Ammon and Moab.

See also Psalm 87, where God states that He will count people of Rahab, Babylon, Philistia, Tyre and Ethiopia, as if they, in common with the Jews, had been born in the holy city of Jerusalem.

You are welcome.

Back