Pete Rose dead at 83

Huge fan of his game, not so much his character.

I was a huge Reds fan in the early 70's, as my older brother was. I had a Reds batting helmet I bought at a Reds/Pirates game in 1975 that was my prized possession. JOhnny Bench and Tony Perrez were my idols. Even back then I thought Pete Rose was arrogant.

My dad built Pete's 1st house. I played baseball against Pete Jr. That was a well-funded team - names on jerseys, matching ball gloves, cleats, bat bags, etc. Never saw Pete Sr. at any of the games though.

Charlie Hustle has up and gone away...hey hey hey...
Will miss him.

My dad built Pete's 1st house. I played baseball against Pete Jr. That was a well-funded team - names on jerseys, matching ball gloves, cleats, bat bags, etc. Never saw Pete Sr. at any of the games though.
I played ball circa 1975 with Roberto Clemente's kids. I remember, the whole team was invited over his house for one of the kid's birthdays...

He was probably with his bookie, betting against you.

I played ball circa 1975 with Roberto Clemente's kids. I remember, the whole team was invited over his house for one of the kid's birthdays...
So you grew up where? Was that in Pittsburgh? Or Peurto Rico?

Back